Airports on Plateaus

You can try the FTX Vector Forum but I doubt you will get much help there. Vector has an airport elevation tool which is supposed to fix elevation issues but it doesn't work very well with PILOT's FTX Mesh.

C.

Have I put this question in the right forum? 

KP

Maybe put this issue to the Full Terrain Experience Payware Support Forum since I highly doubt this is a steam version problem. FTX state that issues with their products be put forward to this forum.

My suggestion is temporarily remove the Pilots mesh and verify the problem goes away, then do the same for the FTX sceneries (process of elimination to identify that both are working OK independently).

It could be that it is a priority conflict under scenery?

Could you enlighten me on what exactly Pilots FSGY2010 is? I did a google search and it came up with F.B.I case files and other such weird searches ...

Thanks Davevh, I have determined that the problem is with the Pilot's mesh. FSGY2010 is their global mesh that is know to cause the problem and it turns out that they have a solution - pay them 10 euros for shipping and handling and they will ship you a DVD that will fix the airports. Estimated delivery 10 weeks but if you pay them another 6 euros they will expedite the shipping, estimated delivery 4 weeks. I am pissed.

Thanks for the tip on where to post questions that aren't Steam related.

KP

Thanks Davevh, I have determined that the problem is with the Pilot's mesh. FSGY2010 is their global mesh that is know to cause the problem and it turns out that they have a solution - pay them 10 euros for shipping and handling and they will ship you a DVD that will fix the airports. Estimated delivery 10 weeks but if you pay them another 6 euros they will expedite the shipping, estimated delivery 4 weeks. I am pissed.

KP

Do not worry, KP, in most cases you do not need the 10 EUR add-on tool:

First thing to check should always be the AEC tool in the Vector configurator. If AEC is active for that airport, deactivate it. If the airport is listed in the "deactivated" list, activate it. In most cases this change helps for me.

Second, together with FSG Mesh comes a freeware tool "AFXdemo". The use is explained in the FSG Mesh manuals. With this you can individually change the altitude of each airport.

Do not forget: The FSG Mesh is much better than FSX was before, so the surrounding of the airports may now be sloped - and the airport not (this is the usual FSX restriction). So there often are some steps around the airport (e. g. in KLAS or LSGG).

KP

Wow, that's pretty shoddy customer support on their part, when they could so easily make the fix downloadable and free. Hopefully Gerolds solution above is an immediate fix for ya. Good luck!

Do not worry, KP, in most cases you do not need the 10 EUR add-on tool:

First thing to check should always be the AEC tool in the Vector configurator. If AEC is active for that airport, deactivate it. If the airport is listed in the "deactivated" list, activate it. In most cases this change helps for me.

Second, together with FSG Mesh comes a freeware tool "AFXdemo". The use is explained in the FSG Mesh manuals. With this you can individually change the altitude of each airport.

Do not forget: The FSG Mesh is much better than FSX was before, so the surrounding of the airports may now be sloped - and the airport not (this is the usual FSX restriction). So there often are some steps around the airport (e. g. in KLAS or LSGG).

Thanks Stillwater.  Somehow I didn't get FSXDemo or the manual in the 22 GB download. I have contacted Pilots support.  I do not have the Vector product so I doubt if I have the Vector configurator. Your reply has given me some hope that this can be fixed. Meanwhile I am waiting for Pilot's support to hook me up with the manual and tool.

KP

Archived