What's the use buying ORBX PNW ?

René

So far I have ORBX SAK and PFJ and Tongass Fjords, which drastically enhances these regions I must say, and a must for bush flying. But I also have Vancouver + v.2.0, Victoria and Fly Tampa KSEA, among other other freeware sceneries. Buying PNW means also buying Vancouver v.3.0 since v.2.0 is not compatible, will Victoria still work ? So I wonder if it's worth spending the money, I'd rather buy Central Rockies instead ( Northern Rockies are not compatible with my addons as I've read ), or California ( Southern California coming out soon ? ).

:unsure:???:)

A Victoria waterfront compatible with PNW is available at the Flightsim Store for about 12 bucks. And a freeware CYYJ also compatible with Orbx is available. The Puget Sound islands in PNW are jewels. Also a number of freeware Orbx compatible BC seaplane landings enhance the area. I wouldn't be without it.

When Southern California comes out you will be able to fly from San Diego to Anchorage without a break in high class scenery if you include FSAddon's Tongass Fjords.

Return To Misty Moorings further enhances to area if you like bush flying and their shipping package dots the sealanes with ships and boats.

Life in the Northwest is good for sim pilots.

Noel

So far I have ORBX SAK and PFJ and Tongass Fjords, which drastically enhances these regions I must say, and a must for bush flying. But I also have Vancouver + v.2.0, Victoria and Fly Tampa KSEA, among other other freeware sceneries. Buying PNW means also buying Vancouver v.3.0 since v.2.0 is not compatible, will Victoria still work ? So I wonder if it's worth spending the money, I'd rather buy Central Rockies instead ( Northern Rockies are not compatible with my addons as I've read ), or California ( Southern California coming out soon ? ).

:unsure:???:)

Is there not an inexpensive upgrade to Vancouver 2.0?  I have Orbx PNW and Victoria works fine so far, a little heavy on the fps, but it works.

Stew

ORBX PNW was the foundation and first bit of ORBX software I bought.  I added on around PNW and now have all the NA regions, worth every penny.  With the addition of Tongas Fjords, I can fly from San Francisco to Alaska without interruption, pretty sweet!

TD

Vancouver+ V3 is too hard on the system imo, plus the LC is often better in PNW. It's awesome to see the buildings, bridges and stuff not included with PNW but it's still not worth the hit. It really depends on what kind of flying you do.

For the flying I do around Vancouver, 90% is into or out of FSDT CYVR. When I want to go do some VFR wandering and skip CYVR, I enable Vancouver+ and disable FSDT Vancouver as well as my Airline AI traffic.

Archived