Monument Valley and Yosemite

Bonham5

Greeting!

A couple of questions regarding these sceneries.

I installed Yosemite but it does not display properly compared to the preview screen shots. Does it require ORBX northern cal to display properly?

Will Monument Valley display properly if i don't have ORBX' base pack installed as in just a default FSX install?

Thank you!

I've never purchased anything from ORBX yet. That's why I'm asking if I need to purchase the ORBX base pack before I purchase Monument Valley so it will display properly and not have the issue I had with Yosemite.

If i can't ask on this forum without an order number, where could one find the answer?

The main scenery should look as intended, but the underlying photographic area is designed to blend with the surrounding FTX Global textures (and/or the Northern California full region in the case of Yosemite).

As such, you will notice a definite "edge" between the scenery and the surrounding textures if using default.

The riddle is solved!

I found the answer to what I was seeing at Yosemite in the thread- http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/90416-monument-valley/

I do have the PNY demo installed ( I should have mentioned that) and I had FTX set at North America and changed it to Global per Rob's suggestion in that thread.

Yosemite now looks like it's supposed to for the most part since I don't have Nor Cal but El Capitan looks great!

Off to purchase Monument Valley for my first ORBX purchase!

Thanks again for you help Wolter and Rob!

Archived