FTX: EU Norway - ENBV joins my "AEC sunken" list

flapsdown

As of yet, I haven't gotten any additional feedback as to what I might look for in terms of sorting this issue out, but for those folks who are enjoying zipping around FTX Norway as much as I am, you may want to check on these strips before flying in as I have found them to have elevation problems seemingly related to "Vector AEC" even though they are in a "Full, Fat" region, but "your mileage may vary" as we Yanks like to say, and the problem(s) could be related strictly to my system, even though all product installations seem good, and subsequent patches and library updates are in place:

ENBV (Berlevag)

ENBL (Bringeland)

ENFG (Leirin)

ENSS (Svartnes)

If anybody else happens to spot one to add to list I'd be grateful to here about it, as these appear to be somewhat random in nature, but disabling them in the Vector Configurator has always fixed the problem so far.

Cheers,

Chris B. - aka "Flapsdown"

Hi Chris,

since Global vector doesn't know by itself what other add-on -- Orbx or otherwise -- you may have installed on your system you'll need to run its AEC automatic scanner after installing any new add-on that may include elevation adjustments of its own; that includes FTX Norway too.

Are you saying that the elevation issues remain despite running the scanner? If so then you probably have other add-ons installed for those airports.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Chris,

since Global vector doesn't know by itself what other add-on -- Orbx or otherwise -- you may have installed on your system you'll need to run its AEC automatic scanner after installing any new add-on that may include elevation adjustments of its own; that includes FTX Norway too.

Are you saying that the elevation issues remain despite running the scanner? If so then you probably have other add-ons installed for those airports.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

I have not run the "Automatic Configuration" option in the Vector Configurator as I (apparently wrongly), inferred by reading the directions that this was to help with non-ORBX add-ons only, and I don't have any non-FTX scenery of any kind installed in FSX (well, I do have your Tongass Fjords X of course :) , and there have never been any issues there),  but I will certainly give it a go now - many thanks for your reply...

Kind regards,

Chris B.

Archived