[NCA] Monterey in a hole

Gavinc

Hi,

I just bought and installed NCA and the default KMRY that ships with it appears to be in a hole. 

The runways are beneath ground level and the taxiways are in a canyon that looks about 7 ft deep.

I have installed SP1 and don't have any other mesh or versions of KMRY installed.

I opened the AFCAD file for KMRY and the elevation is listed as 205 ft. 

Starting a flight at KMRY (using the BMW 760) it sits at 206.4. When I slew to the top of the plateau surrounding the taxiway the altitude is 258.5.

Any thoughts as to what has gone wrong.

I have only checked a few other spots around No. Cal so far and they seem ok.

thanks

Gavin

Hi,

found 2 more, so there is defintely something screwed up with my system 

Mariposa Yosemite is in a real hole

RwUd3.jpg

And Moffett Federal appears to be covered in sand dunes.

7bxcu.jpg

And then when you land your are actually under the sand

Vkm0.jpg

0FcyY.jpg

I guess I will have to uninstall and re-install a third time and see if something different happens (Definition of stupidity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results)

Gavin

HI,

I just re-installed NCA 1.00 NCA SP1, and FTXORBXLIBS_141228 with exactly the same results as before.

FYI, I switched FTX Central to Global before doing the install.  I got the following error message when I went to switch from Global to North America in FTX Central after the installation was complete.

lNjP.jpg

Mesh sliders are set to 5m and there is no 3rd party commercial AI program (I do have lots of freeware AI including the Orbx NA GA traffic)

I am finding more and more of the airports where there is a similar issue.These include Hoopa (O21), Hyampom (H47), Dinsmore (D63)

Any one have any thoughts?

Gavin

Seems to me you have a permissions issue, did you run the installers with right click and selected "Run as Administrator"?

as it annoys me to see this, I did a little visit to the by you mentioned fields, see the following screens as how it looks at my end

KMRY Monterey

kmry_001.jpg

kmry_002.jpg

O68 Mariposa Yosemite

o68_001.jpg

o68_002.jpg

KNUQ Moffet Federal

knuq_001.jpg

NA56 Moffet Airstrip

na56_001.jpg

as you can clearly see I do not have issues there, imho there are mutiple options, either your scenery order is not correct or your install is messed up or you have some addon or traffic AI addon that is screwing things up

basic is to set FTX Central to NA when installing NA sceneries always followed by the latest library files AND when finished installing to run the Vector AEC tool after any change or addition to the sceneries

So,

I disabled every non-Orbx addon that I have installed, disabled all AI, re-ran the installation as administrator with the FTX Central set to North America.

Installed NCA (for the 4th time), NCA SP1 (for the 4th time) and the latest Iibrary (for the 4th time) with no change. A significant proportion of the NCA airports are at the wrong elevation. This isn't an issue that I am seeing with any other  North American region (and I have them all).

I "fixed" Monterey by adjusting the airport elevation in the AFCAD file but I shouldn't need to be doing that. 

Any thoughts?

Gavin

I'm sorry Gavin,

looking at your scereenies you have something else there hat seems ruining things for you, just look at the difference between yours and mine, yours look like they are in the desert, so something is causing this "anomaly" did you do a search for .bgl files with the same ICAO tag in 'm, as example *O68* ?

UTX, some AI traffic programs, 3rd party LandClass, just to name a few are not going away, they are deep in the system and are not easily disabled,

so I can only suggest that you do a search for all the O 68 .bgl files in your main fsX folder and see what comes up

Hi Wolter (& others)

I should learn to check the simple stuff first.

For some (unknown) reason the 4 entries to enable NCA hadn't been inserted into my scenery.cfg.The first time I scanned the scenery list I have so many other ORBX entries that I didn't notice the NCA entries weren't there. It was only when I went to disable all but the NCA entries (and ORBX LIB) that I realized they were missing.

Manually inserted and now NCA looks as spectacular as the rest of my Orbx world.

Sorry to have put you thru the bother and please mark this as solved.

thanks

Gavin

Archived