Question about regions

vgbaron

Just curious - with Global, Vector, North America, etc all installed - le's say I currently have my FTX Central set to global. Now I switch it to North America. Now I switch it to Oceania and then fly in The United States.

Question - with Oceania selected, which state is North America in - the last selected (NA) or does it revert to Global ?

I guess a better way to ask is - if I enable NA and later enable Oceania but fly in NA - is NA still enabled or does everything BUT oceania revert to global when a new selection is made.

Thanx,

Vic

Hello, Vic.  I could be mistaken, but NA will not be enabled if you enable Oceania and then fly in NA.  You will see the textures provided by Global (which are better than the default FSX textures), but there may be problems with certain airports and their respective airport elevations as a result.  To help correct these problems, you might be better advised to tick Global Hybrid and fly in NA that way, or go back to ticking NA in the first place, if you plan to fly in NA alone.

Stew

You have 3 options

- set to the region, [North America], [Oceania] etc: you see everything as intended in the region chosen - outside of the region area will not be perfect

- set to [Global], everything is in default mode (with Orbx global textures showing)

- set to [Global] [hybrid ticked] - Orbx global textures show in non-region areas, Orbx region textures show in region areas - a blend, not 100% perfect but perfect for just flying without caring about what mode FTXcentral is in

Archived