Frozen Lake Superior Question

Heronjr

Hi,

As Winter is coming on this weekend, I changed seasons settings on my scenery sets which permit that. I also checked Frozen Lakes (Winter only) option on the FTX Vector Tool.

Just to test, I took off from Thunder Bay, Canada, (nicely depicted within Orbx Free Airports) and headed to the Lake Superior shore. It was all covered with ice as far as my eyes could see. I went some miles over the lake, all frozen, at least across the distance I flew.

Now, the question is: Does vast extensions of water at North US and South Canada, like Lake Superior, really totally freeze during Winter?

Well, I did not have enough time yesterday night, but today I will uncheck FTX Vector Frozen Lakes option and fly again at Thunder Bay. I will also try the other Great Lakes.

Regards and Seasons Greetings to all

As someone who has lived on the Great Lakes for almost my entire life, I can say that Lake Superior hasn't completely frozen over in over a hundred years.  This last winter however, it came really close to freezing over.  I wanna say that by this last March about 90% was frozen over. 

Regards,

Rob

My word. The UK comes to a standstill if there's a spot of drizzle. I'd love to live somewhere where you can experience such incredible extremes of nature!

LOL - I grew up in the US Northeast - hot, humid summers - cold, snow and ice filled winters.  Between 2006-2009 I lived in the UK (Brampton, CAMBS) - I will gladly trade UK weather for the "incredible extremes"of my childhood.   Some complain about British weather - I am not one of them.   :)

Archived