What Mesh

chewit

I'm sorry to use your thread a bit, but it came so timely for me! I'm about to get mesh for my recent Global+Vectors+OpenLC purchases. Any opinions about Ultimate series mesh, also by Pilot's? Does it add anything significant in quality to the Global 2010 FTX edition (considering it's twice the price), and are there any conflicts in using it with FTX Global series?

Thanks all!

-Esa

I'm sorry to use your thread a bit, but it came so timely for me! I'm about to get mesh for my recent Global+Vectors+OpenLC purchases. Any opinions about Ultimate series mesh, also by Pilot's? Does it add anything significant in quality to the Global 2010 FTX edition (considering it's twice the price), and are there any conflicts in using it with FTX Global series?

Thanks all!

-Esa

Hi mate,

You see, Ultimate series is excellent and it is the same developer of Global 2010 FTX edition.

Now, the Global 2010 FTX edition has been specially developed to match the Orbx System. Moreover he is completely downdable.

Finally, it is a standard "recommended" by Orbx and especially the Orbx the own use, what do you think?  <_<

Regards,

Thanks Voyager,

Yeah, download option means a lot (I overpay for 350 Mb connection used mainly for my internet surfing anyway! :D ) and after going through some reviews, I think I can probably get started with "basic" Global 2010 mesh very well. I see some areas may benefit slightly from Ultimate mesh, but as I spend so little time with sim these days, I think I can get back to it later. :)

I've been flying exclusively within the regions this far, but I'm sure I won't regret getting into the Global series; I hesitated quite long before getting them.

Hi mate,

You see, Ultimate series is excellent and it is the same developer of Global 2010 FTX edition.

Now, the Global 2010 FTX edition has been specially developed to match the Orbx System. Moreover he is completely downdable.

Finally, it is a standard "recommended" by Orbx and especially the Orbx the own use, what do you think?  <_<

Regards,

I don't believe the FTX edition is specially created.  It's just a "special" downloadable version of Global 2010 with all the patches included.  Normally their mesh was only available on DVD until the FTX edition was released.  As far as the differences, check out their website.  The Ultimate edition pages will show screenshot comparisons between the two and also default FSX.  There's definitely more definition in the really mountainous areas, but whether it's worth the large increase in $$$ is an individual decision.  I recently purchased the FTX edition of Global 2010 myself.  I had ALL of the FSGenesis stuff up until before they changed management.  

Two things drove me to FSGlobal, one not wanting to support FSGenesis' new management, there's lots of threads around the net so I'm not going into details, and secondly I didn't want to reinstall 80+ installers and manual zip installs when I rebuilt my PC in October.  Global allowed me to run one installer and still get the same coverage as I had before, similar resolutions, and I feel good knowing I'm supporting a company that still cares about its user base.

Archived