YPEC Aeropelican - Released!

John Venema

If your traffic file is in place, which it is, and your aircraft files are in place, you have advised they are back to default condition, The only other possibility is that you have FS9 traffic files on your FSX system.

Could you please download the program AI Flight Planner version 1.6 from Avsim. This program has a facility to scan your FSX installation and detect any FS9 flight plans that may be residing on your system.

Once you have done this, report back to the forum and we can decide on what action to take next.

Laurie, Before you download AI Flight Planner, it may be better to just do a quick test to confirm the problem is FS9 related.

I've compiled a special Warnervale traffic file as a FS9 version. Could you copy this file into your Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Scenery/World/Scenery directory and run FSX. go to either Warnervale or Aeropelican and see if you have any AI aircraft. Although the file is called Traffic_Warnervale_AI it should give you AI aircraft at both the Warnervale and Aeropelican airstrips.

Please delete this file once you have tested it as it will prevent all FSX traffic files from working on your system while it remains in place..

I also note that you keep refering to the airport as YPEK - I assume you mean YPEC.

Hi Graham - Looks like you are on the track. That  little file you sent did allow the parked planes to appear at YPEC

(yes YPEC--) plus the light twin in the hangar.

Now, maybe the following may have a bearing on my problem -  A cpl of years ago when I was new to simming a friend loaded a Piper Archer on my computer (I'm guessing from FS9) but it didnt work.  However I was unable to uninstall it. It didnt seem to be a problem so I didnt worry about it. Its still sitting in my Programme files under 'Archer' and when I try to uninstall it I get the message "Could not load initialising file".

Do you think this could be my problem?  If so, can you tell me how I might be able to get rid of the bloody thing . I dont think it appears in the list of aircraft in FSX 'sim objects'; there is a PA-28  folder listed but I think it's an FSX default.

Regds.....Laurie

If the Archer is sitting outside the FSX File structure then I don't think it should cause a problem.

First of all, you now need to delete that file I gave you - I don't want to be the cause of your FSX traffic files not working.

Unless you know of any other traffic files that may be hidden in one of your scenery folders, then I suggest you download AI flight Planner.

It's a simple program that has many uses for playing with flight plans and traffic files however it is it's ability to find FS9 traffic files for you to convert or delete that will help us today.

The download file is called aifp_v16.zip, just do a search and you should locate it easily. Once you download the zip, just extract the folder and open the Application file. Go to the 'File's' option and select 'Find FS9 Traffic Files". It should locate at least one if not more files and I will leave it to you as to whether you delete them or convert them.

Good luck.

Nuthin' succeeds like success Graham - I got the V1.6 Flt Plnr, asked it to find FS9 stuff and it came up with the \World\Scenery\Traffic bgl. (about the only one we didnt turn off). Anyway, I turned that off and suddenly I have the parked aircraft at YPEC and even a 172 taxiing and taking off. For me, that was worth the several hours mucking about (maybe not for you tho') Many thanks, I owe you a beer and if I still lived in Rebecca Pde Winston Hills I would bring a couple around. 

My only thought now is just what the Traffic bgl was supposed to do and whether turning it off will effect anything else. I guess I'll find out when I start moving around again. I'll switch the other ones back on and leave them on if they dont appear to cause a problem.

Thanks again.......Laurie

PS - You mentioned 'convert or delete' in relation to any found FS9 files . If I had to, can I convert that traffic file to FSX ?

Great to see you now have AI aircraft at Aeropelican.

I assumed the Traffic.bgl file was your default FSX traffic file so didn't concentrate on that one at all. I suppose the question remaining is, what happened to your original FSX Traffic file?

AI Flight Planner will convert your FS9 traffic files to FSX, I think it is the option just above 'Find FS9 Traffic Files'. Be advised though, that it doesn't actually convert the file but creates a new one with FSX added to the file name. You then need to go back and actually delete the FS9 version.

AI flight Planner can also be used to see what is included in your various traffic files.

AI flight Planner doesn't actually install on your system so If you wish, you can now go back and delete that folder. I suggest though, that this is a handy little tool to have on your system and recommend you just file it away in case you need it again one day.

I've added a post on removing unwanted FSX default aircraft to the Tips, tricks and Techniques forum. http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=10441.0 You may wish to refer to that to clear your system of excess aircraft from your Aircraft Select menu.

Happy Simming.

Graham - Thought I should give you the finale on my problems after all of your patient and good advice - I converted that suspect FS9 traffic file to FSX using the 1.6 Flt Planner like you told me and voila, not only do I have airplanes at YPEC but now I have planes all over the place at Bankstown, something I didnt have before. I deleted the  suspect Traffic.bgl and the flight planner cannot now detect any other FS9 stuff.

That Flight Planner programme just improved my simming immensely - its a great tool so thanks for putting me on to it and telling me how to use it.

Regards....Laurie

• 4 weeks later...

Just one question. The description on FSS says that YPEC is located within the AU Gold area. I just looked at GE and according to the .kmz file I have, Aeropelican is in the region covered by AU Blue which I don't have (yet). Can you get me out of confusion please? :)

Archived