Trees on RW

dogs53

I downloaded and installed Vector today from the Flightsim store.  Things seemed fine at many airports, yet I discovered two issues at KNFJ in Florida (N30 29.38 and W86 56.98).  There were trees on the Runway, and a huge canyon in the ground just east and north of the runway.   I thought that there might be updates to help, so I downloaded and installed updates 1.15 and 1.2.. and still trees on Runway.  And I tried setting FTX Central in a possible configurations, and still a problem.  Could you tell me how to resolve?

Thanks

Bob

I downloaded and installed Vector today from the Flightsim store.  Things seemed fine at many airports, yet I discovered two issues at KNFJ in Florida (N30 29.38 and W86 56.98).  There were trees on the Runway, and a huge canyon in the ground just east and north of the runway.   I thought that there might be updates to help, so I downloaded and installed updates 1.15 and 1.2.. and still trees on Runway.  And I tried setting FTX Central in a possible configurations, and still a problem.  Could you tell me how to resolve?

Thanks

Bob

Please include your order numbers in the signature for any support...

Please include your order numbers in the signature for any support...

Sure, sorry for the omission..

Order #'s..

Global Vector -- FSS0333253

Global Base -- FSS0268308

So Alaska -- FSS0282050

Cont Rockies -- FSS0276727

No Cal -- FSS0273768

Please let me know if you need any more information.  I look forward to your help on this.

Bob

Bob,

If you downloaded VECTOR 1.2 from the FSStore and then applied v 1.1 and 1.15 you have gone backwards because v1.1 and 1.15 were precusors to v1.2 which is what is available at the FlightSim store.

Thanks, but I only did this after I noticed the problem with the basic Vector 1.2.  I purchased, downloaded, and installed 1.2, And then noticed the problem.  And it was only after I discovered the problem that I tried the 1.5 and 1.2 updates.   Also I tried adding the airport KNFJ to the Vector Config tool with the following: 

For those having elevation issues with Vector 1.15 and on and if the airport you're having issues with isn't in the list for manually dissabling it; Go to your FSX folder and then to the ORBX folder and then to the VECTOR folder; go to the folder VECTOR_APT and open the "scenery" folder, you will see a list of all airports in FSX, go to the airport wich you want to change and copy that file ( for example; ABP_LSZH.bgl ), then go to the folder VECTOR_AEC and open the "scenery" folder and paste the ABP_ file there, now change the name from ABP_ into AEC_ and close everything.

Go to your FTX config tool and open AEC tool, now your airport will be in the list where you can manually disable it and it works.

This answer was already hear on page 5, next time check the forum a little better before asking questions.

and then still no positive results after disabling and re-enabling it. 

I think that it is somehow a problem with the V1.2 being sold, and look forward to solving it.

Thanks

I am not sure, but I might have solved this temporarily by unclicking Vector_EXX in the Scenery Library.. but I don't know the downside to doing this and would like to hear from someone from ORBX about this issue and what the downside here is... and do they plan on resolving this in an upcoming update?

I am not sure, but I might have solved this temporarily by unclicking Vector_EXX in the Scenery Library.. but I don't know the downside to doing this and would like to hear from someone from ORBX about this issue and what the downside here is... and do they plan on resolving this in an upcoming update?

I was just going to say to exclude this in scenery library..but you already did that anyway..i too had the same problems....trees on LFPG, VIDP..and many other airports...so after troubleshooting..i found out that disabling FTX_VECTOR_EXX would remove all these issues...and since then i am flying smoothly with no issues....i have noticed not any other problem anywhere else..

and to answer your second part...there are no downside with excluding this...as these are just excludes and does not lead to any missing objects introduced by vector....u r not loosing anything by disabling this...i have already asked the developer about this problem...and i am yet to get a reply of what this EXX actually does..but as far as my knowledge of flying is....disabling this does not cause any missing issue...u can yourself feel it after flying for some time..

see tbhis post for more details:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/87520-trees-on-the-taxiways-at-lfpg-post-vector-installation/

cheers

govind

Archived