How to switch back to FSX Default

grimsbee5

I have recently installed FTX Global base, FTX Vector, FTX EU England, and today FTX Southern Alaska (North America).

I noted in the user guide the following statement.

TIPS ON USING 'DEFAULT FSX/P3D'

ï‚· To restore your FSX/P3D to how it was before you installed FTX, simply select the Default FSX/P3D region.

ï‚· We recommend to always select Default FSX/P3D when installing non-Orbx addons

ï‚· If you are not sure about FTX working with another addon, simply select Default FSX/P3D before installing

There does not seem to be an option to switch back to FSX default in FTX Central. FTX Central only displays FTX product icons, not an FSX icon.  I did read in the forum that one can switch back to FSX default or FTX Global prior to installing new sceneries. That is what I have done. I did of course initially back up all my FSX default sceneries. 

So to install FTX sceneries and NON FTX add on sceneries, I can select and apply FTX Global, then go ahead and install third party sceneries. Is that the correct procedure?

I am thinking that the user guides may not be quite up to date, and that may lead to some conflicting or confusing statements.

Thank you

Nick

Archived