YLIL Lilydale can't add FTXAA_Airports to FSX Scenery Library

Mish A

Hello,

I've checked out other forums.  I've installed ORBX FTX Australia SP4 I've installed the Service Pack.  I've been trying to load up the Lilydale freeware as I had this on my previous computer.  I'm mainly interested in Coldstream airport (YCEM) as that's where I did my first solo.

I've tried to follow previous advice in manually adding FTXAA_Airports to the FSX scenery library.  I must be doing something wrong because it's just not working.  When I open up the FSX scenery library I can't find the FTXAA-Airports file and when I try to add it, it just seems to get confused over the scenery and texture sub folders.

Can anyone assist?

Cheers, Mish A

Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel ® Core i5-4460 CPU @3.2Ghz  8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Operating System

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 140927 27TH SEPTEMBER 2014

FTX AU HOLGERMESH V1.0 (SP3)

FTX AU YLIL LILYDALE AIRPORT VERSION 2.0 (SP3) January 2013

FTX AUSTRALIA SP4.003 - NOVEMBER 2013

FTX PNG HOLGERMESH V1.0

• 11 months later...

Very old query that does not appear to have been sorted yet. I have just installed Australia SP4.003 which I downloaded yesterday from FSS. FSS0425368 (I had the old separate regions but took advantage of the Nil cost one download/installer). I then download the current LilydaleV2 (YLIL) and then installed latest libraries. Central shows Lilydale as installed and it also appears in the Orbx FTXAA_Airfields folder; however here's the rub, FTXAA_Airfields was not installed by Australia SP4.003 into the FSX Scenery Library. I have manually added FTXAA_Airfields to the scenery library and it now works.  Why would this happen please?

Cheers  dan

Thanks Nick, as writing to scenery.cfg is done automatically it would not be something that would be "overlooked". I would have presumed that when FTXAA_Orbxlibs and the other Australia SP4.003 wrote, then the Airfields folder should have written too. I shall have to put it down to one of life's many mysteries. Regards Dan.

Archived