Blank Texture

ScottecLEMD

Guys

Doing lots of VFR flying now as Orbx makes this so much more interesting.  As such, I have found a blank texture as follows:

Coordinates N56º 16.16' W02º 44.58 approximately 4 miles due West of Crail (EGOA)

I plan flying to every Scottish airport over the next few days!

Thanks and regards

Ken

o4jQg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ken,

somehow we've overlooked your post, my apologies for that, we've been a wee bit busy with the Norwegian trolls to get 'm out the house ;)

as for the missing texture, do you have all patches and updates for the installed titles and also did you run the latest library files ?

sometimes switching FTX Central back to default/Global, will reload things as well

Thank Wolter

I just realised there was an updated Orbx Library (141207) set but even after installing I still have the same problem.  Good to know it´s not me!

When I first noticed this from a distance I thought it was another airfield ::)

Best regards

Ken

CvwSF.jpg

L87Vs.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Is anyone still reading these old posts?  A year on from when I installed FTX Scotland and still no fix for this corrupted or missing texture.

Can someone please advise me when this will be fixed?  It has been spoiling my FTX experience since December 2014!!

Thanks

Ken

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

That is supposed to be an airport,  see GE at 56.269, -2.749.  I would say the background texture is wrong, it should be grass.  I will dig around some more but it may not be one of ours as map view doesn't give a ICAO for it although it may be an undocumented one done with SBX.

Cheers, Neil

Arpt at lon 56.269, lat -2.749.jpg

Guys

Here are the other two files.  On checking Google it would appear these are disus

ed airfields, but as you can see from the P3D screenshots, they stick out like a sore thumb.  I wonder if there is any way for you to tone down the textures, or just blend them in with the surroundings?

Image 2016-1-19-17-16-12-995 - Location N56,53.06, W002,24.50

Image 2016-1-19-17-17-5-631 - Location N56,48.40, W002,36.22

Thanks

Ken

2016-1-19_17-17-5-631.thumb.jpg.f34adb5c

--2016-1-19_17-16-12-995.thumb.jpg.8711663

Thanks ken,

It may be that the LC texture used for background was changed (reused for a different look) after release of the SCO region.  I'll see if I can get the SCO SBX files to change those background textures.

Cheers, Neil

On 19/1/2016 at 5:36 PM, ScottecLEMD said:

Guys

Here are the other two files.  On checking Google it would appear these are disus

ed airfields, but as you can see from the P3D screenshots, they stick out like a sore thumb.  I wonder if there is any way for you to tone down the textures, or just blend them in with the surroundings?

Image 2016-1-19-17-16-12-995 - Location N56,53.06, W002,24.50

Image 2016-1-19-17-17-5-631 - Location N56,48.40, W002,36.22

Thanks

Ken

2016-1-19_17-17-5-631.thumb.jpg.f34adb5c

--2016-1-19_17-16-12-995.thumb.jpg.8711663

Hi Ken,

I just check these places. They are both closed to aviation

The first one is RAF Edzell, closed in 1996. Aprons and runways are converted to hardware storage:

RAF_Edzell.jpg

The second one was RAF Fordoun, closed after 70's and converted to storage too:

LewisShannenSawmill.jpg

I think we will update the place as a landscape terrain and remove the ICAO codes.

To know more: http://www.forgottenairfields.com/grampian/

Hi Richard

Great, thanks for the information.  As a native Scotsman, I didn't even know they existed until I purchased the Orbx scenery.  Landscape terrain would certainly be the best option and I look forward to the update.

Thanks and regards

Ken

Hi Richard, Ken,

I'll see what I can do to fix these three issues.  I don't see any ICAO codes for these spots and only the first one looks active.  Maybe finding a less "pristine" asphalt look will make things look better for the other two.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Ken,

Place this file in your ORBX/FTX_EU/FTX_EU_SCO_06_CVX/Scenery folder and replace the file of the same name.  It replaces the "cement" with grass at the turf airfield and tones down the textures and adds background grass at the abandoned older military airfields.

Not sure which SP this could/should go into, I'll ask Richard Bui.

Cheers, Neil

CVX_!500_FTX_EU_SCO_LC_4711_Aberdeen.BGL

Archived