Bonneville dam water animation issue

Dazkent

Hello

Love the PNW region that ORBX have produced, I have been flying using FSX for a while and recently tried out P3D. I have noticed an issue I am having regarding water spray/ animation. on FSX all is fine but on P3D it seems to be missing. I have tried turning up settings but still cannot get it to appear. Please see screens below. Am i missing something?

FSX

3Q5m.jpg

P3D

0vgIP.jpg

Hello,

Loss of effects is a known issue with P3D2.4.

I cannot explain why but it is possible to solve that: install again the region then the latest library. Don't forget then to cycle between FTX Global and America mode into FTX Central.

Hi there,

actually, it's not the effect files themselves that go missing meaning no need to re-install. The problem is with the proximity trigger code in P3D and thus one often needs to refresh the scenery library (World > Scenery Library > OK) to get the effects to show up. Hopefully, a future update to P3D will fix this.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the replies guys,

I tried reinstalling PNW ( just did it over the top of existing installation) and then the latest libraries. When switching between Global and America it came up with a duplicate file but this dissapeared after switching beween the two regions. Hope I have not done any damage?

This however did not solve the problem

I then tried refreshing the scenery library and this did indeed resolve it :smile:

Archived