nothing will install to P3D library or be activated! hoping for help...

JETPETER1

I own the PNW,  CRM, NRM and have been a customer for years... I was just told to provide information on my purchase (I guess you guys can't see that I am legit internally for some reason ) ...very aggrivating I must say..now that message is gone, so once again, not sure what you need....

order number for CRM FSS0146840

NRM FSS0089231

PNW FSS0057007

from the flightsim store....

Now here's what's wrong..l own P3D 1.4 ...istalled these two years or more ago, then deleted them, now want them back on...I downloaded the latest versions ok, installed them ok, installed the libraries ok.... I set my Astonia migrator to default FSX... after the installations (by the way no where did it ask me for my serial #s...which was weird) .... my FTX Central works, I click on North America, it works... then I run P3D... "building new libraries" will run up, but once in the sim, going to any Orbx region the scenery is still all default, and the P3D internal library doesn't list the new senceries any where.... what keeps happening... I have tried deleting all ORBX file folders, editing orbx out of the terrain.cfg etc.... never helps, P3D loads, and I can install all orbx stuff agian, including the lastest library data... and nothing, no scenery again....

waiting anxiously...thanks guys!

Why are you using the EE migrator tool? All of the mentioned sceneries have triple installers, for FSX, P3D v1 and v2! Just right click the .exe file and it will install without problems. BUT you should go to your FSS acount and redownload the latest versions.

Just a reminder. Using the EE Migrator tool disqualifies a user from support on this forum.  ::)

ok, it was I used to to install other add-ons, I had no choice, so now I can't get support, this is crazy after spending some $90 on stuff there... I gave up on eaglesoft years ago because of difficult customer support and stuff like this, I hope this doesn't happen here ... but to asnwer your question, no my install did not run when the migrator had made a "fake" fsx..it was purely into P3d as orbx has that option now. But still doesn't explain why nothing shows up in library, despite what looks like a good install, someone out there must have a similar issue, yet googling for this, pulls up very little from the years past! The only similar questions I found, were met with no solutions...

What´s so hard to understand? Download the new versions with triple installers and install the normal way! Why things get messed up is because you use the migrator tool instead of doing things the right way.  ::) Sorry, last answer from me and as I told you, using migrator tool = NO support!. In fact  I am violating the ORBX forum rules by giving you an answer here. 

I already explained in three posts here, i NEVER used the migrator to install any of your products, nor was it acitve when i just reinstalled your software after fresh downloads from the flightsim store... you seem to enjoy bashing a customer here. Great products with poor support or bad attitudes I see.. is that correct? I'm pissed now forget it. As the one time VP of flightsim.com, designer of Looking Glass' Flight Unlimited III, I would never  been this way towards anyone back in those days, and I dealt with a lot of cutomers ! I'll figure it out on my own, or just forget buying any more Orbx stuff from this point on, it's not worth it.

Ah right, P3D 1.4, in that case there is still a separate FTX Central although I'm not sure on the naming since I don't have 1.4 anymore myself.

If the entries aren't being added, navigate to your root Prepar3D folder then ORBX/scripts/ and locate FTXConfigurator.exe and run it. It'll run silently in the background and should add the scenery library entries. It also runs if you switch regions in FTX Central.

• 2 weeks later...

after two weeks of waiting for an answer, I'm surprised I've gotten no where. I can't believe I'm the only one on earth that paid for all this scenery areas, I once used on FSX, now, recently downloaded the new updates that include the P3d installer (I"m on P3D 1.4 not 2) ...and after install is said to be sucessful nothing shows up in the P3D library... am I really the only one with this issue? Why can't Orbx be of any help here...???

It is often quite difficult to diagnose a problem which appears

to be user specific.

Can you try to add at least one area to your scenery library

manually via the P3D library, to establish if it is possible to add

anything to it?

I see you have two further topics active on this subject.

It would be helpful if you can restrict your replies to this one.

Thank you.

Archived