Corrupted KSEA After Virus Installed

jhkaye

Yesterday I installed the V1.5 update to the Captain Sim 777.  I was told to turn off my antivirus software before doing so, which I did.  My Charter F-Secure software said I now had a virus - Gen:Variant.Barys.834, which it claims to have quarantined.  The update appears to be successful.  However, when I go to KSEA (Sea-Tac) to make a flight in any airplane, it appears that the runway is in a hole.  Saved flights from KSEA have the same problem.  I am running FSX in DX10 preview mode, with Steve's fixer.  I have tried other airports (KPSC, KSFO, KPDX, KGEG, KBFI) and they appear to be OK, only KSEA is corrupted.  The Captain Sim forum claims that their update has no virus.  Since I am using the FTX PNW scenery for KSEA, perhaps someone can tell me how to resolve this.  Two images are as follows:

Apparently I am so far unable to upload the images. Will keep trying.

Jim Kaye

Have not tried to post images in this forum before, and so far am not having any success. I have seen other images in this forum where an aircraft seems to be in a hole or trough. Should I reinstall my FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST scenery?

Hi Jim,

PNW does not alter the default elevation of KSEA meaning if you're having elevation problems there they may stem from a third-party add-on that does change KSEA. 

I'd suggest running a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree (including any external scenery locations you may have) for .bgl files that include KSEA as part of their names. The result should bring up those that are part of PNW:

ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl.BGL

ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl_CVX.bgl

FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_PLC.bgl

FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_BCN_PLC.bgl

but anything else that comes up would be a potential culprit. If you're not sure post a screenshot or list of the search result with full file names and folder paths and we can help with further diagnosis; a good example of that is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74843-two-layer-main-runway-at-nzqn/?p=690129 . Make sure that full folder names and paths are visible. Instructions how to post screenshots are here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Also, if you're using FTX Global Vector, make sure to run its Auto-Configuration tool in the Airport Elevation Corrections tab to ensure that any existing duplicates get deactivated (don't forget to press Apply after doing so!).

Cheers, Holger

Holger - Thanks very much for your quick reply.  I did the search you recommended, but did not see any files that should not be there.  I am using FTX Global Vector, so ran the Auto-Configuration tool in the Airport Elevations Corrections tab as you suggested.  It worked!  I still have the virus in quarantine, and my ACE for the Captain Sim 777 is gone, but KSEA is fixed.  I will discuss the ACE problem on the Captain Sim forum.

I see that it is recommended to run the FTX Vector Configuration tool any time new scenery is added.  Will remember to always do this in the future.

Jim Kaye

Archived