Trees on lake district mountains [FTX England]

PedroH

Here is ORBX statement

Every square kilometre of landclass has been painstakingly hand-crafted and all our textures are tight annotated with autogen including custom objects like phone boxes and churches. You will truly be able to fly low and slow over England for the first time and feel totally immersed no matter what season or time of day.

You seemed to have missed a good part of the North Western part of england
The Lake district is a dissapointment
The mountains should be rugged not covered with trees and in some cases buildings

There are not many trees above 1500 '

Rock should be more predominant without all the green that shows

Scafell Pike the highest moutain in England is full of large rocks, not trees and buildings

Some of the hamlets (just a very small set of houses) are villages ?
The same applys to north yorkshire mountains and higher ground.
I do not expect to spend a great deal of money and have to find out if I have gone wrong in the installation and after a fresh installations and a great deal of research and time, the situation is the same.

Come on ORBX you can do better than this, look at Scotland in the europeLC this is how it should be.

Global base has missing texture at 54 14'06.54"N -  3 17' 35.96"W
This is on the end of Black Combe near to Walney Isle airport EGNL

If only these items can be corrected then this software would have to be complimented.

FTX: Global BASE (ORB-727)
FSS0321269
Orbx - FTX: Global openLC Europe
FSS0321721
Orbx - FTX: Global VECTOR
FSS0321721
Orbx - FTX: EU England
FSS0322422
PILOT'S - FS Global 2010 FTX Compatible
FSS0323248

Re Skafell, I see this with Orbx UK only installed (no Global) , and have always been happy with the Lake District..OK there are a few trees above the tree line, but on the whole the lake District is a great and scenic area to fly in the sim. Teecee.

PS: Double click the screenshot for a larger view.

quUJw.jpg

I think the truth is that though ORBX scenery is a *massive* improvement in every area they tackle - but, as in any "creative" area of expertise, there are always going to me "masterpieces" and the occasional "near miss" (how do you say this, diplomatically?).

Taking what I know best (NZSI/NZNI). There's simply nothing out there that can beat it. NZ in default FSX is laughable (I don't think Microsoft even knew where NZ was). So ... FTX NZ is a stunning rendition of a very special, varied landscape. *HOWEVER* ORBX have raised the bar so many times that even NZ is beginning to look "under-nourished" when compared to the latest offerings. Even so ... with FTX NZ I'm totally convinced I'm "flying" over NZ.

Though FTX EU generally conveys the "look and feel" of the very special qualities of the UK countryside I found too many distracting oddities that (IMHO) wouldn't put EU in the "masterpiece" category - and I've said this in the past. I grew up in Yorkshire, but spent many years in [beautiful] Gloucestershire (where I did a fair bit of gliding). I just don't find FTX EU that convincing - and end up hitting that FTX Central button back to Oceania :lol:.

1) Very odd seasonal tree colouring in many areas.

2) Autogen buildings in National Trust areas - bungalows right the way up to the summit of Ingleborough etc. All these parks areas are easily defined (and info readily available) so I'd have thought an exclusion box wouldn't be that difficult to add.

Adam.

I have to agree with Adam re the UK,.. Of course it was not created by the Orbx team proper, but by what I think would be termed "contractors", and sadly, they left much to be desired. That said however, I believe that the original post refers to "Global" Et Al. and  I cannot comment on that  as I do not have the extensions (LC and Vector). Yes, England left much to be desired, but for all that, is a vast improvement over FSX, making it a pleasant enough place to fly for us expats. Teecee.

In global there are many trees everyware

In FTX England the situation is better but buildings and trees above the tree line

Sorry TC I do not recognise your picture as the English lake district, this is my home territory.

I prefer to fly low in a microlight something I have done in the real world 

s3ab.jpg

My Screenshot was taken at the Co-ords given for Skafell..what you are seeing is the difference between an Orbx "Full fat" area and Global..Orbx never claimed to be an exact replica of the UK, or any area if it comes to that.. If you want to see

a real scenery of the area I suggest photoreal..but to be honest even that will not give you true realism as it carries very little autogen. Teecee.

Archived