CRM: KSUN elevated buildings west of airport

B77X

Hi David,

I've checked but can't reproduce the issue here. However, those buildings in the distance are autogen so it's probably one of those temporary "floating-autogen" bugs that resolves itself when reloading the scenery.

Cheers, Holger

Every time I start fsx I see a few buildings to the west elevated, is it because I am using FSGensis mesh?

Hi David,

that's odd because the issue typically only occurs when approaching an area from a distance and FSX loading (or computing) incorrect elevation data for a block of autogen houses to be placed. Besides, since the regions contain their own terrain mesh files the FSGenesis data shouldn't even get loaded unless it's compiled at higher grid resolution (CRM uses 10m). You could try temporarily deactivating the FSG entries but I'd be surprised if that makes a difference.

Are you using any "unusual" settings for mesh resolution and complexity meaning other than the recommended 5m and 90-100, respectively?

Cheers, Holger 

I reinstalled CRM, the latest version from flightsim store, and it is fine now when loading first into KSUN, I will test tomorrow from a flight to KSUN to see if the problem come sup again. I run mesh resolution at 1m is that ok?

Mesh should be set to 5m. The airport flatten and mesh doesn't usually have much of an effect on floating autogen, it's really only a problem that can be resolved by reloading the scenery library in-sim and letting FSX re-calculate all of the autogen elevations.

Archived