Lost & found: Missing headset anyone? (KPSP and NZSI/NZCI)

olli4740

Hi all!

Doesn't seem to be caused by an ORBX file (search on these fora brought up nothing in that respect), but as it has occurred to me twice in FTX land: Has anyone seen this before and do you have an idea what might have caused it?

This headset here at my brand new KPSP:

xWSMa.jpg

And this one on Chatham island (NZCI):

6o5sB.jpg

ukCAR.jpg

The strange thing about the thingy at Palm Springs airport is, it definitely hadn't been there until I installed ORBX KPSP (had done some flights there in default scenery and Blue Sky Scenery).

Thanks for any hints and/or suggestions!

ODD

Checked out the location at KPSP and I do not have the Giant headsets you have.  However this seams to be the same headset and radio the guy moving around at gate 15 just outside your screenshot seams to have.  Object flow maybe?

Tom Jones

G'day Oliver,

I have my suspicions about what my be causing this but can't verify for certain. Could you please try the following:

1. Do you have advanced animations enabled in your FSX scenery settings?

2. If yes, go to your scenery library and temporarily switch off ORBXLibs scenery entry. With this switched off, are the giant headphones still visible (or are there none there at all)?

3. If they are still visible, switch your ORBXlibs back on, as this points to a potential clash with another non-ORBX scenery. 

4. Temporarily switch off all your non-ORBX and non-default library entries, and see if the giant headphones disappear... if yes, you'll now need to figure out which addon is conflicting by progressively re-enabling those scenery library entries. 

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks for taking your time, Jarrad!

1. Advanced animations have been enabled all the time; in each of my FSX profiles. So I'd rule out accidental changes here.

2. Disabling the ORBXLIBS scenery library entry makes the headset disappear; re-enabling the entry does *NOT* make it reappear!

So no conflict with "4th party" addons?

Interestingly, as far as 2. is concerned, this morning started with both headsets (KPSP/NZCI) having disappeared:

xteN4.jpg

moW7.jpg

Then I closed FSX, enabled 'Oceania' in FTX Central, fired FSX up again - NZCI still looked good.

Same procedure, this time 'North America' enabled, back to KPSP - and so was "my" headset!

mJjlO.jpg

Could this issue be triggered by the file swapping via FTX Central? Similar to the occasional floating 3D objects after changing regions?

Again, thank you for your support! (Looks like I have found a workaround for this thingy already.)

Archived