Ok (confuse customer, do I have a choice now? NOT (Global)

Benny

Ok, of course I will buy Palm Spring (and I have been dribbling over Jackson....), but after some searching I found out that it is design for Global... I don't have it (8:27am here, that could be different in a few hours).

What I don't get is it would be nice to tell us IF SC will be a region offer by ORBX, I'm NOT asking when but will it be.

Why I'm asking, of what I know it's the first time you producing an airport BEFORE a region.

I'm a region guy and I have stated that many time. But now, I'm confused.

Let's say that I buy Global because I want Palm Spring, of course if I buy Global I will buy Jackson... so it's 132,95$ for Global and Jackson + I guess Palm Spring will be around 32$?

To my question, What about Vector (69$) for those 2 sceneries... what about mesh....

I know, you have that explain in a lot of places but I'm HONESTLY scared to compare Global to region... I'm being HONEST.

So roughly, I will spend 240$ or so in the next few days.. that is also scary. May I can wait for Vector.... or if I'm a region guy I need VECTOR to appreciate global.

I forgot 1 thing, IF I buy Global and even Vector.... is it already updated with the latest update.

Where is my 16G USB stick >:( O r do I need a bigger USB stick 8)

Ben

FTX SCA is in development. You will be able use Palm Springs with or without it. You also do not need Vector for Palm Springs but you do need FTX Global. Palm Springs comes with Holger Mesh anyway so don't worry about mesh. So Feel free to get Palm Springs on day one with the confidence it will be fully compatible with FTX SCA once it's released. 

Referring to the Port Moresby/Kokoda scenery (I've it), FTX Global (I've it) is not a precondition to have it installed and working. It is only recommended as it blends better in the Global textures around. Vector is not necessary either (I don't have it).I suppose it will be the same for Palm Springs with the difference that the Vector road network might be a plus.

And when Socal is here, your Global will not be obsolete but still will make flying East a more enjoyable experience :smile:  !

Thanks guys! So I will have to set FTX to Global for Palm Spring and when SC come out, to region. Ok.

So I f I want to fly from PS to let's say Monterey I will have to be in Hybrid mode?

Last question, I don't see any Global update or patch on the support page? So the 4.4g original file is the only one?

Ok for vector, I see the update.

Now I will have to study the free airport pack, is there any link you can send me to explain what they are, I guess basic upgrade.

oh men oh men.... it's scary time :wacko:

Ben

Thanks guys! So I will have to set FTX to Global for Palm Spring and when SC come out, to region. Ok.

So I f I want to fly from PS to let's say Monterey I will have to be in Hybrid mode?

Last question, I don't see any Global update or patch on the support page? So the 4.4g original file is the only one?

Ok for vector, I see the update.

Now I will have to study the free airport pack, is there any link you can send me to explain what they are, I guess basic upgrade.

oh men oh men.... it's scary time :wacko:

Ben

You need to re-download Global from FSS to get the latest version. No patch. 

Re : flying from PSP to MRY I quote  Master Holger's recent post : while the difference is fairly minimal, for North America you lose more detail when flying in Hybrid mode in the FTX regions than flying in North America mode outside the FTX regions so the choice is clear: stay in North America mode. For Europe and Oceania the situation is reversed so you always want to select Hybrid mode when doing flights that move you outside the FTX régions. 

Vector 1.2 will be soon avalable as a full install.

Hi Ben,

The NA free airport packs provide loads of airports that will enhance airports all over U.S. and Canada.  They will look better if you have Global and Vector but neither is absolutely required.  A number of very nice ones are in the area of the upcoming SCA region and they will be incorporated into the release.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Ben,

The NA free airport packs provide loads of airports that will enhance airports all over U.S. and Canada.  They will look better if you have Global and Vector but neither is absolutely required.  A number of very nice ones are in the area of the upcoming SCA region and they will be incorporated into the release.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Neil, I just don't get it, they are like 1.5 meg for a pack???

I mean, i can't find any explanation on what they are exactly.

It's kind of hard to follow every news and post.

Are they just accurate placement, stuff added but how with 1.5 meg.

I'm just very curious

Thanks, Ben

Hi Ben,

Yes, the lack of size tends to confuse people but  they are only the.bgl's which are not very large.  They are ALL quite accurate revisions of the real airports, with correct rwys, taxiways, aprons plus hangers, vehicles, people,  grass, etc.   Try one or two packs, they're free, you'll be amazed. 

Do report back, I'd like to see your reaction, can anything good be only 1.5 megs??

Cheers, Neil

The Freeware packs are just done using some stock and ORBX libraries. Consider them enhancements, although I find them remarkable close to the real thing. After getting Global installed, download a few of the free packs and check them out. They are amazing as is Global. Before Global I could barely fly in my home state of South Carolina but now it is one of the mail places I fly.

Hi again,

Nope, none for Northern California.  However you say you have NCA so you have all 360 of them enhanced already and a number of excellent payware airports are available as well.  The Global airports are meant to enhance the areas that are not part of a region, or at least not a region yet.

Cheers, Neil

Hi again,

Nope, none for Northern California.  However you say you have NCA so you have all 360 of them enhanced already and a number of excellent payware airports are available as well.  The Global airports are meant to enhance the areas that are not part of a region, or at least not a region yet.

Cheers, Neil

Thank you Neil, I agree on the enhanced NC airport. I get what you saying.

I think I got everything downloaded correctly (I hope), strangely my ZIP Global file (4.4gz) wouldn't go on my 16gig stick as a ZIP file? I had to unzip this one and after I could put it on my 16gz USB stick, I don't get this one.

So I got:

Global

Jackson

Emo Mission (Thanks!!! for the freebie)

KMZ file to understand Jackson

A few Global airport freeware.

As I said, I will soon get Vector mostly to get rid of the scary ugly FSX square coastlines, rivers, lakes and other water bodies, shoreline and beach.

Ben

Dont let not having FTXGlobal hold you back from enjoying AYPY Jacksons, it is not a requirement just a recommendation as we colorize our photoreal to match the color tone of the FTXGlobal textures

AYPY+PNG Holgermesh is all you need to enjoy the bush

Support the non-US based addons if you want to see more ;)

Dont let not having FTXGlobal hold you back from enjoying AYPY Jacksons, it is not a requirement just a recommendation as we colorize our photoreal to match the color tone of the FTXGlobal textures

AYPY+PNG Holgermesh is all you need to enjoy the bush

Support the non-US based addons if you want to see more ;)

HI Tim, I got Global (like said in my above post), and of what I understand I got your liveries for the Twin Otter Extended? ???? ???? ???? ?????? (yes I bought the Extended version just because  OF YOU and your GREAT Scenery).

So I'm hooked big time on this GREAT place... now I'm lost somewhere in between  AYEO and I don't know where, I'm out out of fuel and one engine as let me down.. this is ALL YOUR FAULT >:D

Doing a crazy new video on that GREAT PART OF THE WORLD.

AYEO Emo Mission is completely crazy, I got so frustrated today trying to land there that I almost thought of trowing my computer rig out of the house.

The whole Kokoda slope strips are just an abomination, for now, only the Twin Otter can do a decent job.

Reading the PDF file I saw that you have more future project for that CRAZY region? ???? ???? ???? ??? GO AHEAD my friend.

This IS GREAT!!! It put our flying/gaming skill to a HARD test.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!! I don't remember having so much fun on a computer..

Ben

I'll tell you what, during testing/development of this place.. the amount of times I took off from an airstrip and got lost within 30 seconds is not even funny :ph34r:

Thanks for the kinds words sir, I (and we) are quite humbled

(Twin otter extended is the best thing since sliced bread, am not afraid to say that, even though its from another company)

I'll tell you what, during testing/development of this place.. the amount of times I took off from an airstrip and got lost within 30 seconds is not even funny :ph34r:

Thanks for the kinds words sir, I (and we) are quite humbled

(Twin otter extended is the best thing since sliced bread, am not afraid to say that, even though its from another company)

Ha ha.... I have the Bronco also and thought I could land there... NO, i just can't.

Thanks again

Ben

Archived