PNG Holger Mesh and/or PacSim PNG Bush flying?

wingclip

Hi Folks,

I see that there's a PNG Holger Mesh out there and I wonder what the specs are, (re: 9m, 10, 7m, etc)? I have "PNG Bush Flying" from Pacsim and I'm looking to get the best resolution mesh for the area. Of course, I can install it and compare, but I thought I could maybe save a little time by asking about it first.

Thanks,

Rich

Oh! I didn't know that either! Thanks Tim.

Frankly, In the "not-so-distant-future", I'll be going with at least the Global and Vector programs, (Open LC is in the stars as well). I just didn't want to shelf my UTX and GEX investments... but I finally had to face the fact that I just need to cut my losses and go with the FTX coverage and get it over with, (and I'll be adding the FTX AYPY while I'm at it).

I just didn't want to shelf my UTX and GEX investments... but I finally had to face the fact that I just need to cut my losses and go with the FTX coverage and get it over with, (and I'll be adding the FTX AYPY while I'm at it).

I never could get the folks behind the Mesh software to answer my questions when I went to their website but no matter. I had asked them what would be the upside for someone who already had FSG Mesh worldwide to want to replace it with their product. 

Most of my Western Hemisphere mesh is LOD 9, and a number of large areas covering the pacific and Asia is LOD 11, 

I’m not sure, but they may have thought the question was rhetorical and in some way, criticized their products. It wasn’t of course, but I got the distinct feeling that they didn’t understand English very well or well enough to realize my point.

Rich

Hi Holger, Tim

OrbX recommends to use Pilot's Global Ultimate mesh in some manuals so I installed it (100 Gb, ouch !). Does Holger's mesh was somewhat tweaked for the AYPY/Kokoda region and would I benefit to install it on top ? Thanks !

AYPY and strips (and all future PNG strips) are based on our PNG Holgermesh, it is recommended to install this.

We also recommend using the FS2010 'FTX version' mesh from PILOTs (for use with FTXGlobal/Vector/OpenLC), can I ask which Orbx manual is recommending the 'Ultimate' version?

Thanks so I will install it on top of the Pilot's mesh. I read that somewhere in your litterature, don't remember where at the moment. Gotta check.

EDIT

I mix it up between the Ultimate and the Global 2010 FTX version. But aren't they the same product, the former correcting errors of the 2010 version ?  No big deal anyway, just to know whether adding a new mesh layer makes sense.

Archived