Yukon Territory Anomaly

JohnMD

To the team,

I have noticed this wetlands area before as being an area that may need some attention to elevations, as it was not quite right before, some lakes were up and some were down, but thought that it may resolve itself with the various upgrades that you put out, i.e: the latest Global Vector 1.20 upgrade, but the anomaly now seems to be more pronounced with the edges of the lakes set up as if they are on pedestals, as one can see from the photos, I also included a shot from Google Earth for a comparison of the area in question.

As you can see the rivers seem to be fine, it is just the small lakes etc.

The info for longitude and latitude are in the top left hand corner of the screenshots, and the area is not too far south of Beaver Creek in the Yukon Territory, it is where a huge gold nugget was recently found, about $450,000 US dollars worth.

Anyway it is not a major, just thought I would let you folk know, and if it can be fixed at some stage it would be really appreciated, if not, we will just have to live with it.

regards

John MacDonald.

Screenshots:

haqzr.jpg

THVia.jpg

7Y48E.jpg

qIZxP.jpg

What do you have FTX Central set to? NA or Global or Hybrid, I'll see if I can duplicate but need to know what your setting is.

I am currently set to NA and can confirm the issue at those coordinates.

Issue also occurs with FTX Central set to Global with Hybrid ticked.

It more than likely is a mesh problem, but am not sure how to resolve it, I do have Pilots Global 2010 installed as well as all the FTX ORBX products in place,NRM, PFJ, PNW, SAK, etc and settings are set on Global in the FTX Central control Panel, but this still shows up in other settings, ie North America, my guess is that it may be related to the Pilots 2010 product as in screen shot two you can see a definitive line running away on an angle in front of the anomaly where the terrain is raised above everything else,  I was thinking of getting the new Pilots release at some time, but am not sure will it still be compatible with the ORBX product releases further down the track, as I prefer the FTX ORBX products above all the other stuff out there.

Anyway, I will leave it with you folk to see if we can make some sense of it, and then take it from there.

regards

John MD

Hi!

Of course prior to VECTOR 1.20 this issue could not be seen, because the newly introduced water bodies lead to this visual effect. However, I have double-checked the water bodies and they are spot on. It is definitely a mesh issue and I informed Steve about this and we're currently discussing possible solutions to this.

Bernd

Archived