Leg 2 - YCOR to YLIL (18 shots)

This second leg takes us from Corowa on the NSW/VIC border, down to Lilydale near Melbourne, via Kyabram, Puckapunyal, Kyneton and Wallan.

Posted Image

Passing Shepparton on the way to Kyabram..

Posted Image

Finals for Kyabram.  I was about 5 degrees off course for this one.. just teething issues with setting up the headings.  Its all sorted now, haven't missed another airfield since, and I did (barely) spot this field without flying past it..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Passing Mangalore en-route to Pucka..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Climbing out of puckapunyal on the way to Kyneton..

Posted Image

A bit of slipping to cover up a bad approach

Posted Image

Taxiing past the hangers at Kyneton.  My wife and I had our honeymoon not far from this strip..  I nice little time-share unit that some friend's of my parents had.  It was really good.  We went hiking, canoeing, some other stuff...

Posted Image

Tucking the wheels away as we depart for Wallan

Posted Image

The "Koorby belt".. flying over Romsey with Riddles Ck and Penfield, Sunbury in the distance.  This is all JV's stomping ground.

Posted Image

Setting up my approach for Wallan

Posted Image

..and on the ground.  Anyone who travels the Hume Hwy regularly would know this airfield.  Anyone who has driven the hume recently (within the last 3 or 4 months) would know that this airfield no longer exists.  It has been bulldozed for yet another bloody housing estate!  Its such a shame to be losing all these great fields in Melbourne's outskirts, when places like Moorabbin and Essendon are dangerously overcrowded..

Posted Image

Heading towards Lilydale for a break..

Posted Image

Overflying to join the circuit

Posted Image

Turning final

Posted Image

And down for a bite to eat before heading to Tooradin, Tyabb, around the bay to Ceres, then down to Torquay..

Posted Image

Thanks for looking!

Approached from the south, and departed pointing the other way.  I didn't have much wind at ground level, and didn't really fancy the idea of object clearance if I didn't need to.  I'm going to load it up and do the next leg in a minute..

Archived