texture morphing (?) problem

harryw

Hello,

after installing Vector 1.20  I am having issues with water texture bleeding through / morphing with forest texture. It almost looks like the forest is flooded:

morphing.jpg

morph_topdown.jpg

N46 57.59 E8 17.50

Screen capture didn't turn out as clear as I hoped. In the sim it's really obvious. This is in Switzerland. I have Global, OpenLC Europe running on P3D 2.4, tried to rebuild terrain.cfg, checked the lclookup.blg in the base scenery, tried hybrid mode. It always looks that way now, even with all Orbx software disabled in scenery.cfg. I swear I have seen this pattern before somewhere in some support thread but can't for the life of me find it again. Everything else looks fine as far as I can tell - it is just this water / forest mix that's off.

Anybody seen this before?

Thanks!

Hi there,

can't really tell from your screenshots but perhaps this is what you're seeing: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/80977-na-sak-and-water-bleed-through-in-p3d-22/  

If so we have a bug report in with LM that includes reversing this behavior, which appears to interpret very dark shades in the texture as water.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the quick reply; that is actually the thread I was searching for! And it's exactly what I'm seeing.  So I take it that there's no fix or workaround for this as of now?

I am actually quite surprised that there's not more threads on this around, because right now this texture problem is all over the place for me in the Alps. Also - I'd like to clarify that I've only *noticed* this after installing Vector 1.20 (since the change list contains and item "Improved outline of Lake Lucerne" and I wanted to check it out) - not that I think Vector is causing it. But the problem must have popped up as early as July this year and back then I certainly did not see it on my system.

Anyways, thank you, Holger.

Hi there,

sorry, I'm not aware of a workaround other than experimenting with the water effects slider, which, of course, would also impact all "legitimate" waterbodies. Vector doesn't include any ground textures but Global Base and openLC Europe both do.

Cheers, Holger

Archived