NZSI Service Pack 3 Bug Report

tanuki

Would like to bring the following Bug Report to the attention of the NZSI Development Team.

Since installing the NZSI Service Pack 3 update I have been experiencing significant fps loss at NZCH airport. This is a fresh install of FTX NZSI (now v1.30) with no other FTX or 3rd party scenery addons. It is also a fresh install of FSX (Gold Edition). Am running NZSI exactly to the specifications provided in the NZSI Manual, frame rate locked at 20, and Orbx Lights de-selected in the Configuration panel.

Using the default Trike frame loss on the runway is only 1-2, however once airborne and looking back towards NZCH, fps fluctuate between 5-13 and stutter horrendously. Looking out towards the Canterbury Bight/Port Hills fps become steady again at 20. This problem did not exist prior to the installation of SP3 (was running NZSI with consecutative Service Pack updates 1 & 2).

Specs: Intel i5-2320, Quad Core, 3.2Ghz, 6Gb DDR3 SDRAM DDR3-1333/PC3-10600, AMD Radeon HD 7450 1 Gb, H-Cupertino2-H61-UA TX, 1x1500Gb SATA, 17" Packard Bell Slimview SV700A 1280x1024, Win7 Home Premium, MS Sidewinder Precision Pro.

Personally, have had no trouble at NZCH with SP2.

As there is no mechanism for rolling back of FTX patches (that I know of), the only way I know how to repair this would be an unistall and re-install of NZSI (plus SP1/2).

Personally, have had no trouble at NZCH with SP2.

As there is no mechanism for rolling back of FTX patches (that I know of), the only way I know how to repair this would be an uninstall and re-install of NZSI (plus SP1/2).

Maybe you may have a much more powerful system <?>.

As NZCH isn't a separate airport add-on, we don't get a control panel where we can reduce local detail levels or traffic - so that isn't an option either. My solution was to disable some of the NZCH files and put a freeware equivalent at a higher priority, but I think that's a last resort. Generally, I like to keep my ORBX sceneries as vanilla as I can - so I went back to ORBX only.

Sadly, that means I just don't go to NZCH.

Adam.

Hello,

Download attached file and paste into: FSX\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZSI_05_SCENERY\scenery

To save more FPS disable these two files by adding the .OFF extension in FSX\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZSI_05_SCENERY\scenery.

- ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZCH_Vegetation.bgl

- ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZCH_GSE.bgl

Example: 

- ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZCH_GSE.bgl.OFF

FTX_NZSI_NZCH_Hotfix.zip

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived