The Visual Peak of FTX - Full Autogen

solareagle

I was getting 25-27fps for 95% of my flight .  It did drop down to 15 here and there, though with a 300MB Buffer Pool there was not even a slight stutter at that number, so that 15fps was smooth enough and enjoyable.  Overall adding the 300MB Buffer Pool transforms the experience on this system.  I still have a hard time believing all stutters are totally gone.

See here for more info:

http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=9908.0

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very nice shots ! And please stop to show that FW-190, my hangar is full...  :D. Had exactly the same RC model.

I was surprised as well that i get 28 FPS in a heavy thunderstorm with 1920x1200 res and dense autogen after setting BP to 200 MB. I'll push it further today...

Oh btw, you might pull back agn to very dense - i still believe extremely dense has a bug. At least the light bug...

Great pics, I often play with full autogen out in the sticks at least with my GeForce 7900, it does jump a bit but not as bad as I expected : )

A 1GB card would be nice though....but unless the poor comp conks out it's going to be 2 years or more before I upgrade.

Archived