The beginning of a loooooong journey..

Leg 1 of my trip around Aus.  I just did one short trip first thing this morning from YWGT to YCOR, before my parents got here to hang out and say "ooh ahh" at the new bub..

A big thank you to Ryan (aussiecop) for my personalised paint scheme, I know it wasn't much, just a rego change and a slight change of shade in the yellow from another paint, but I really appreciate how quickly you got it done mate!!  Its exactly what I had in mind when I said "richer yellow".  You've missed your calling mate, you should be mixing paint, not chasing crooks..  Anyway, it looks great, and I intend to cover approximately 8893 nautical miles in it AT LEAST!  Thanks Buddy..  Oh, by the way, I did a thumnail for it too.  I'll put it at the bottom of this post..

Sitting on the tarmac at Wang with the paint still tacky..

Posted Image

Gear up!

Posted Image

Doesn't the paint look great?!

Posted Image

Overflying YCOR to check the windsock.. There was no point, it was limp.  Apparantly the 10kt headwind I had a cruise wasn't there on the ground..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here's that thumb..

Posted Image

While my parents were here I loaded up the flight where I left off at Corowa for my dad to have a fly.  He learnt to fly at Wang in the early 80s flying victa airtourers and C172s mainly.  I told him the critical numbers, showed him what buttons do what, and he flew from YCOR to YWGT, did a touch and go then went over to YPOK.  He then tried some aerobatics before jumping over the hill to Mt Beauty, another T&G then up the range to Mt Hotham.  He did the whole trip without looking at maps or GPS or anything (he grew up in the area, and knows every bump in the terrain like the back of his hand), and flew the aircraft quite proficiently.  It impressed me..  Might be able to convince him to be a new FTX customer yet..  Maybe..

I'll try to cover a bit more distance on the next leg..  The next few stops on the list are: YKYB, Kyabram - YPKL, Puckapunyal - YKTN, Kyneton - YWAN, Wallan - YLIL, Lilydale.  I'll strive to do all those in the next sitting..

Great stuff mate, looking forwards to more reports.  Are you using real weather and real time?  No accelerated time now...  :D

Cheers and happy simming.

No accelerated time.. No need in this sucker!  I did this run in about 8 minutes.  As for real weather, I don't use it firstly because I've never actually put it on and seen it match what I can see out my window, and secondly it seems to kill framerates for me.  I alternate between different themes from time to time..

Real time is also a no, because I work full time so the majority of my sim time is at night.  I'm not (and don't really want to be) NVFR rated.  I will be making the flight times flow though, only changing the time when it gets too dark to fly.  Land and take off again the next morning (not too early though.. gotta wear off the alcohol, you know)  I just landed at YLIL at 2010 local time here, but approximately 1345 in the sim.  I've still got several hours of flying left in that day before I go find a pub near whatever airport I finish up at at dusk..

What duck? ???

In shot three there is a farm in the extreme bottom left hand corner: By looking very carefully you can pick out an enclosed chook/duck pen at the back of the house, and in the group of five ducks (not the larger ten group) there is a particularly handsome male which must be the 'alpha' - I'm sure that's the one referred to  ;D

Archived