EDTD Villengen Airport - EU Pack 6 - Urban PR

Firstly I should say thankyou Sylvain Delepierre for FTXGlobal Free Airports EU Pack 6, I like them all and I'm keeping the statics there great. Because I use minimal default AI for Global areas for effect only, I can always find a place to park.

Now onto the possible issue with EDTD Villingen. In my setup FSX- (FTXGlobal Base only) has a large area of Urban PR between the terminal and the Runway, looking at Google Earth it displays as a Large plowed field. I was wondering if this is correct as you designed it, or should it have Grass or Plowed Field texture instead.

Could you please show me a picture if it should look different between your sim and mine.

Cheers Jeff

RYjJp.jpg

Q0EIU.jpg

Firstly I should say thankyou Sylvain Delepierre for FTXGlobal Free Airports EU Pack 6, I like them all and I'm keeping the statics there great. Because I use minimal default AI for Global areas for effect only, I can always find a place to park.

Now onto the possible issue with EDTD Villingen. In my setup FSX- (FTXGlobal Base only) has a large area of Urban PR between the terminal and the Runway, looking at Google Earth it displays as a Large plowed field. I was wondering if this is correct as you designed it, or should it have Grass or Plowed Field texture instead.

Could you please show me a picture if it should look different between your sim and mine.

Cheers Jeff

Hi Jeff,

My airports are designed to blend with FTX Vector and FTX Open Land Class which is IMO the new standard. They are all looking much better with OLC.  ::)

Cheers, Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

Not meaning to press you or be rude, I am still very happy with the design & effort you put into these airports and have no complaints at all. But I am now uncertain as to the "New Standard" (Global) with Vector, OLC, Pilots Mesh)) for a perfect blend With FTXG Base.  

I just read a topic http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86463-eu-orbx-freeware-airports/ where Timmy74 asked about FTXGlobal and how the Freeware FTXGlobal airports blend into the terrain across all global products. He like me I guess were basing our understanding upon What John Venema wrote in : post #2  - I always thought this to be the case/ true, as this advice corresponds with all the Freeware EU Airport pack install and download literature.  

The freeware airports are designed for base FTX Global only and assume that *no* 3rd party mesh or FTX Vector are installed (which is the majority of customers), so they use the default elevation.

If we made these airports to match a higher resolution mesh and FTX Vector then we would get complaints about plateaus etc, so it's easier for customers who have mesh+Vector to use the free AEC tool to correct entries for the affected airports.

In other words, until FTX Global + Vector + openLC + Mesh is the new "standard" for the majority of customers, we have to create airports to match base FTX Global only.          

I now understand that we have reached the new "standard" for the majority of customers, where  FTX Global + Vector + openLC + Mesh are now widely in use. This too is fine, but can we put this new Pre-requisite in the DL & install literature. 

Open Land Class and Vector are not required nor a third party mesh addon for freeware packs. They work very well without them.

Please understand that I am developing my airports to make them blend with our latest products. OLC and Vector are designed to fit perfectly with FTX Global base pack so why should my airports not follow this guideline ?

EDTD is a particular case because land class is not only around the airport but also in the middle of it. I understand you are disappointed by the incorrect default land class but I can unfortunately not correct this.

Cheers, Sylvain

Hello Jeff, I went and had a look at that airport and mine looks a bit differant than yours as I have FTX Global + Vector + openLC + Mesh installed. I took a picture for your comparison so you can see exactly what it looks like with this option.

Scott

rXzLW.png

Archived