EU Orbx "Freeware airports".....

Timmy74

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question for the developers who have done the EU Orbx freeware airports.

I have Orbx Global, Orbx Global Vector, Orbx Global openLC Europe and FS Global 2010 installed as per Orbx recommendations.   Now are these (all six packs) suppose to work with all of these "recommended" Orbx/pilot products installed with out issue??  

I am asking this because I have had issues with the NA freeware airports that then need to be manually fixed (by the consumer) with "FTX vector configurator".  I am just really confused as to how these packages are suppose to work with out elevation problems?  Have the developers created these packs with all of the above installed or are they suppose to work with out these product installed...or with only some of these products installed and if so, which ones need to be and not need to be installed for the packs to work as intended?  Or are they not intended to work at all without some sort of reworking buy the person who has installed it? 

Regards,

Tim...

The freeware airports are designed for base FTX Global only and assume that *no* 3rd party mesh or FTX Vector are installed (which is the majority of customers), so they use the default elevation.

If we made these airports to match a higher resolution mesh and FTX Vector then we would get complaints about plateaus etc, so it's easier for customers who have mesh+Vector to use the free AEC tool to correct entries for the affected airports.

In other words, until FTX Global + Vector + openLC + Mesh is the new "standard" for the majority of customers, we have to create airports to match base FTX Global only.

Sorry to contradict you John but all my european airports are designed to blend with FTX Vector (+ OLC EU now) and are developped to mach as well default mesh and 3rd party meshes. I use FS Global ultimate.

There may of course be some elevation issues but I have never had any report about that.

When an airport needs to be disabled in Vector configuration tool, it is stated in the installer.

Cheers, Sylvain

Sorry to contradict you John but all my european airports are designed to blend with FTX Vector (+ OLC EU now) and are developped to mach as well default mesh and 3rd party meshes. I use FS Global ultimate.

There may of course be some elevation issues but I have never had any report about that.

When an airport needs to be disabled in Vector configuration tool, it is stated in the installer.

Cheers, Sylvain

Thank you Sylvain for answering my question.  It is exactly what I wanted to hear.   I have no end of trouble with the NA freeware airports (because I have no idea what they were designed to be used with), and have given up on them.

Now I can explore OpenLC Europe with all of your great add ons, without the hassle of "turning this off", "moving this" and "editing" that one etc.... , 

Regards,

Tim.

Archived