From Ceduna to Port Lincoln Via Streaky Bay

John York

This is a PS for Tom;

Both the cumulus and cirrus clouds are at 1, with the height of the cumulus from 5000 to 15000 and the cirrus from 26000 to 270000.

I must say though that REX seems to take on a life of its own because while I never went higher than 3500' there were times when the clouds completely enveloped me!

Thanks Krigl.  What an awfully lonely life if they actually live on that Island.  Its probably a holiday home though.

John

Our Posts went in simultaneously Chris. 

You're right Chris, that was a long flight for me.  Luckily, it was full of interest and with the touch and go on the mud runway Streaky Bay and all the little bays around there, then the farmland at Elliston and the lakes near Cummins there was plenty to look at.  Limiting the actual pictures to what I was mainly trying to illustrate did become a bit of a problem and, of course, you're never sure if you've got it right are you?!

All the best

John

John,

Couldn't help me wiyh a pic of your FSWC settings for default fsx.  I changed my settings to check yours out and saved it. Somehow default came out the same. I need to reset.  cheers.

Thanks for that John - hugely appreciated mate ... I will have a good play with all that over the weekend (in between the V8s at Adelaide -  ;D )

I really like your water effect, and have been experimenting for a while but not quite getting what I consider to be "au natural" enough.

Thanks again, and cheers,  ... Tom.

Here's the FSWC default Alan as requested;

Posted Image

What I like about my Australian FSWC water setting is that it looks like a liquid without being too glassy if you see what I mean.  Anyway, glad you fellers like them.

Mind you, I should have let you all do the work yourselves.  I'm still struggling to get the Bristol and English Channels right.  The trouble is, in real life they're continually changing!  Mostly though, like the Atlantic, they're a mid grey/blue steel type colour with hints of brown near the coasts.  Not easy.

John

Thank you ImageShack

Thank you John.      Im trying to get a touch lighter blue but I find your settings acceptable.  Ive been using the coral at  Martinique airport near Barbados and that lot of islands to test REX tropical waters.  I had a fantastic setting for the coral there,different shades of green but lost it and unable to replicate it (?) using "colour me Beautiful '.  Too many variables to play with between REX and FSWC its easy to loose the plot !

Archived