Tunnel vision

A well established spin..

Posted Image

Same spin, different angle, and a bit closer to the ground.  Didn't realise how low I was until I hit V for this shot and the sim momentarily paused.  Needless to say, I immediately reversed the controls and pulled out with about 50' to spare..

Posted Image

Great paint, but I was a little dissapointed that it doesn't make use of the bump mapping, and instead has the panel lines and rivets drawn on.  Still, looks great from this distance!

A well established spin..

Didn't realise how low I was until I hit V for this shot and the sim momentarily paused.  Needless to say, I immediately reversed the controls and pulled out with about 50' to spare..

Real life, giving a student a Tiger (DH82) endorsement, he locked on the controls after putting it in a spin - yelling at him through the Gosport tube and thumping the stick and rudder pedals; he finally let go and we pulled out just above the trees and below the level of Gowrie mountain which in those days jutted up into the Toowoomba training area. Your great pics brought back the memory. Usually starting this at 6000', for some unknown reason I had laboriously cimbed to 7000 in the freezing winter. You wonder sometimes....  ;)

Very clever first shot! :)

Magic use of your new contrails too Tim! @ Dave look in one of the other texture folders for the Marchetti and see if your VH-SIA has a texture.cfg file, if not grab one from the paint I made you and copy it into that file, see if it makes a difference.

Archived