FTXG AP pack19 - Elevation Adjustment file - FTXCentral error

Hi Guys,

Thankyou for another great looking set of APs, I usually take a look at them all so far the first 10 only 28 to go.

There was however a small issue with the FTX Central switching between FTXGlobal  &  FTXGlobal with Hybrid ON, After Installation of PACK 19

When installing FTXGlobal Freeware Airports, I have FTXCentral set to FTXGlobal only, with Hybrid OFF(Unchecked)

In the installer routine for Pack 19 a file is installed into Scenery\World\Scenery

( Scenery\World\Scenery\ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment.BGL )

Because FTXGlobal is active with Hybrid OFF, this file already exists in the Scenery\World\Scenery with a .OFF extension, I assume from The Global Base pack. 

If the user then opens FTXCentral after installation of Pack 19 and tries to switch Hybrid ON an error dialog will appear suggesting there is another instance of a file of the same name and condition (.OFF), that cannot be switched.

KigN.jpg

I clicked OK to the Dialog, closed FTXCentral without changing anything, went to the folder in question and indeed there were 2   ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment.BGLs. one OFF and one normal.

I checked status of the other Adjustment files, they were all in the OFF condition  (as set by FTXC before install). I removed the file ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment.BGL and opened FTXCentral turned Hybrid ON, the files are all now switching on and off in the correct condition with the Hybrid mode switch.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it only me.

I downloaded and installed the pack yesterday and have just checked and there is only one of those files in that directory, I installed the pack with central set to global with hybrid on and so far all is okay but if things change I'll let you know.

Ticker7,

You should be alright, Global + Hybrid on when you installed will simply overwrite the file in normal condition without the ( .OFF) you won't get the duplicate.

I only got the error because I installed with only Global on, this gave me 2 elevation files the new one without the .OFF and one with the .OFF switch. The new file will install under this condition because they are different, simply because of the .OFF extension.

So when I tried to enable hybrid mode that's when the dialog appeared telling me I had 2 of the same file, the file cannot be switched off or on under this circumstance because it would try to create an identical file, either both normal without the OFF switch or both OFF, the remedy was to look at the other elevation adjustment files and remove the duplicate, matching the status of the other adjustment files. This allowed me to return to FTXCentral  tick the Hybrid box click APPLY and see that the ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment.BGL was switching between normal and .OFF in unison with the other adjustment files, the error message as a result is now gone.

Hi guys,

Interestingly I had the same issue and solved it the same way.  Since I'm the author of 67L I figured it was left over from my development process.  As 67L was from Pack 18 I wouldn't have expected an issue when installing Pack 19.  By the way 67L is the ONLY FTXG airport where I've had to change the elevation as stock FSX had it quite a ways from it's correct location.

Cheers, Neil

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

Interestingly I had the same issue and solved it the same way.  Since I'm the author of 67L I figured it was left over from my development process.  As 67L was from Pack 18 I wouldn't have expected an issue when installing Pack 19.  By the way 67L is the ONLY FTXG airport where I've had to change the elevation as stock FSX had it quite a ways from it's correct location.

Cheers, Neil

Is there a way to fix this without running hybrid mode? I don't have any "extra" bgls.

Archived