Bonifacio, Corsica, FR - with no rock

Stillwater

Honestly I can´t tell if this is a Vector, a landclass, a mesh or a texture issue. But the peninsula south of the bay of Bonifacio should be a massive rock (the movie "The Guns of Navarone" was taken there). Maybe the object is smaller than 1*1 km, but there are definetively no trees around, and there is not just a little hill.

I think this is a major landmark that simply needs to be there.

Position N 41° 43 66, E 9° 8 85

xEZbe.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Dominique. So we have already clarified the mesh part of this issue.

The absence of any buildings (or even the castle) seems to be more landclass-based. Though the structures are smaller than 1*1 km, therefore below the OpenLC resolution. Maybe a special scenery treatment is required for correctness?

Looks to me there are two issues.They used a coarser mesh IMO than the Ultimate and two landclass tiles cover both the outcrop and the mainland, side by side. That explains the houses on the mainland  opposite of the tip of the outcrop where none exist in the RW and the trees on the outcrop itself. The harbour got a little short changed too. They can improve the mesh as Pilots already has  it but there is no solution to the landclass problem other than a hand made surgery, I mean editing :) . 

Hi,

That reminds me a scenery of Bonifacio already exits. It's made of 3D objects by Gmax. I don't remember the link but you should find it easily. Make a trial to see if blend well with Vector and OL

Archived