Helicopter Lesson Video from last week

Ryan Mason

I had a lesson in a none too familiar Enstrom F28A Saturday, it was somewhat a recipe for hilarity during some points like getting caught in the crosswind once we cleared the trees, and stalling the engine on startup TWICE! (which I was assured was the helicopter and not me lol) and just the general getting used to the feel of the helo etc, but here it is totally unedited for your enjoyment (and laughter at some points) there is some commentary from my rookie who came along for the ride and took the video, who is easily distracted by just about anything like other planes, skydivers etc, you will see what I mean!

http://www.vimeo.com/3721422

Enjoy

Geeze, I got dizzy just watching! It looks like trying to pat your head and rub your stomach, whilst sitting in a washing machine on spin cycle. :D.

Just fabulous to watch some poor smuck comming to grips with the reality of nature outside the sim. Thanks so much for sharing Ryan it made my morning coffee taste so much better. Allways nice to have a laugh first thing in the morning  :P. I loved your m8's comment about not hitting him. Is he on commision or flat rate...lmao.

Fantastic stuff hope to see so more soon.

Cheers.

Buggerup.

I am trying to get him hooked also, he has already committed to comming along for the next one, the Enstrom is a shaky bugger on startup as you saw, I did mock up a little bit for the camera but yeah once you start spooling up to full rotor speed it really is rocking, you get that effect from pretty much anything when you are taking off from a trailer, but so far the Enstrom is the only one I have come across that does it on the ground, I actually like it as it gives you the sensation that your only seconds away from being light on the skids and airborne.  It's kind of like a baby A-Star but as you saw I am a little stuffed in lol

• 2 weeks later...

That was a real nail biter... :o Oof. I checked out your other videos - the moment in the surf coast one where the door opens and you parachute out is amazing!! Where did you get the parachute from?? I have to try this!

I lose track of all the places I get these things but I can only imagine someone here posted it and I got on it, I think it might have been simviation but if someone sees this post they might be able to point you in the right direction.  Glad you liked the other vids.

Archived