KPDX PORTLAND ISSUES I THINK WITH ELEVATION

Prthdbob

I TRIED TO LOAD ONE TO FIX THE PROBLEM.  THAT IS TO SAY THE PROBLEM WAS THERE BEFORE I STARTED.  I WAS NEVER ABLE TO GET THE ADDON TO LOAD ... SO I DO NOT THINK THIS MATTERS AT THIS POINT... BUT I AM OPEN TO SUGESTIONS

Two things spring immediately to mind...

1. Do you use a 3rd party AI traffic program? If so, it may be adding it's own KPDX files to the sim which can cause issues with elevations. Try and disable any AI traffic KPDX files (finding them will be different for every AI traffic program so I can't give you a definite location to look... Just run a normal windows search of your FSX/P3D folder). You can simply add ".OFF" to the end of any files you find with the keyword KPDX. Just be careful not to disable any KPDX files that are NOT part of your AI traffic.

2. Have you disabled Airport Elevation Correction (AEC) for KPDX using the Vector control panel? If you are still using the default KPDX (and with just Global and Vector, that should be the case), disabling the AEC can cause issues with elevations. AEC is only designed to be used with 3rd party airports.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on... And lastly, please do not use ALL CAPS in your posts... Part of the Orbx Forum terms of use explains why we don't want this to happen... The link to the terms of use are here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/605-orbx-forum-terms-of-use/

I will work these two suggestions and get back sorry for the all caps I forgot about that ...

thanks for the suggestions. 

I do use Traffic 360 ...

I ran the auto under Vector but will check if it put KPDX on the disabled list and get back to you ...

Bobby  

I will work these two suggestions and get back sorry for the all caps I forgot about that ...

thanks for the suggestions. 

I do use Traffic 360 ...

I ran the auto under Vector but will check if it put KPDX on the disabled list and get back to you ...

Bobby  

While I can't say for sure, as I don't use Traffic 360, we have had a lot of other users report issues with this... This AI traffic package does come with a lot of "airport files" to improve parking spots etc, but those files can cause issues. I'm thinking that might be your problem, but please do let us know what you find... :)

I tried the fixes recommended they did not work!!!

I have Global Vector & PNW installed sorry forgot to list PNW

Aha... That will make a difference.

I still recommend disabling any Traffic 360 KPDX files, but with PNW installed there is a little more going on.

First, make sure you are running with FTX Central set to either "North America", or "Global with Hybrid Mode Checked".

Vector does not include any AEC for KPDX, so don't worry about that.

If you still have issues, please post a screenshot of what your are seeing... Considering that Vector has no affect on KPDX (no AEC), things should look just fine... There might well be a hidden KPDX file as part of Traffic 360 that you have not yet found... 

Another thing you may want to try (which will also confirm if Traffic 360 is the issue) is to find the Traffic 360 entry in your Scenery Library, then temporarily disable it... If disabling this scenery entry works, then you found your gremlin... It might also be closer to the top of the library that your FTX entries... if so, move the Traffic 360 entries BELOW your FTX scenery entries and see how that works.

I discovered last night that I am also having issues at Bowerman, which I use all the time.  I am not sure but I think I applied the auto correction for elevations inside VECTOR CONFIG yesterday morning and then started to notice the problem.  Anyway I can uninstall all of these products and start new.  I did a search on KPDX and elevation and found several others who have had this issue but no concrete fixes although all seem to have corrected the problem.  I have some screenshots but cannot figure out your method of posting will try again when I get home from work tonight... 

Alex & Rob,

I found a similar problem over on the Vector section and low and behold all I had to do was move the Vector Files in the FSX Settings-Scenery Library below the Addon Scenery and all the elevations went back to normal.  Who would have thunk it?  Thanks anyway for working the issue with me.

Bobby 

Archived