Binoculars in FSX

akmatov

Perhaps a weird idea and I need to go raid the kitchen, but flying along looking at the world pass by below, it occurred to me how very helpful binoculars would be.  Is there such a thing as a binoculars fsx addon?  I've looked but found nothing.

Perhaps it would be relevant and add the final degree of realism to Search and Rescue missions , e.g.- in the recent searches for

MH370 the aircrew / observers were using binoculars even though they were operating at low altitude.

A possible option to use in place of binoculars .

A few years ago I created a "Pave Tack"  instrument for my 'F-111 Pig HUD panel'.

This instrument can only be used as a Pop up window , it enables views in all directions while flying in your cockpit. 

See composite screenshot below .

DETAILS :-

1. Will have some framerate impact.

2. Will only function in FSX.

3. Is initially a little complex to operate .

4. Seven pages of description notes .

5. It has an incredible range of viewing options available.

6. The arrow buttons enable view directions to be controlled , the left buttons project the camera view to various distances

from the aircraft , this projection means that the views are crystal clear at large distances thus overcoming the normal

lack of resolution experienced with large zooms.

7. The views are based on the plane of your aircraft  , so if you roll the aircraft the view will roll accordingly.

8. It has 10 instant view reset buttons for several commonly useful views , following a view selection further refinements can be made with the arrow buttons  if desired.

AVAILABILITY :-

It is available freeware , and is contained within the " Ripple bomb switch " download .

From either  Simviation  or Flightsim  website library .

Conduct a search at either site for :-

Ripple bomb switch

or

Ripple bomb switch for helicopters

Cheers

Karol

DBtRP.jpg

What F-111 addon was this, looks tempting for later when I get beyond tripping over the cockpit sill, and an FSX plane too.  Recently saw a SR-71 FSX addon, but almost no visibility as well as hugely complex, as I'm sure it was

The F-111 is freeware , details below .

In all honesty I cannot recommend this F-111 package for the following reasons .

- It has 3 cockpits , but full functionality primarily resides in the 2D Pilots cockpit .

- It is constructed for 4 x 3 aspect ratio monitors therefore will have horizontal stretching of instruments in widescreen

monitors , and the radar touchscreen nomination of Lat/Long positions is only accurately calibrated for 4 x 3.

- Eye candy visuals are not up to currently expected standards.

- It has astonishing capabilities , and naturally with that comes complexity , the flight manual runs to 84 pages.

- The capabilities result in a learning curve that might test the patience of many.

- The cockpit is configured for maximum functionality , it is not an authentic layout. 

I have made this panel , and created the instruments for my own style of flying , low and fast with a massive

amount of data and capabilities contained in the custom made instruments.

It could be reasonable to say that this panel is the most advanced currently available for a military aircraft.

It would be primarily of interest to ex military pilots who want some of the real world capabilities in their

flight simulation flying.

F-111 detail :-

File reference  piggtb8.zip

FSX F-111 PIG HUD Project - Navigation/Situation Awareness Cockpit - Complete Package (Category: FSX > Military)

Zip file preview

76.56Mb (5871 downloads)

FSX F-111 PIG HUD Project-Navigation/Situation awareness cockpit. ** F-111 Build Std 08 - WEF 08AUG2013 ** COMPLETE AIRCRAFT ** Global reach Strike-Navigation, Study the included screenshots. Integrated Mission Adaptive Flight Plan Editor can enter ICAO's, Lat/Longs, Radar Postition, Waypoints, either as, Add Wpt/Direct To/ Replacement. *Advanced Multi Function Radar. *AI 'Lock On'*Pave Tack in cockpit all aspect viewer. *Unified autopilot *HUD *Series of MFD's, massive amount of data *Active leg switches *Custom Instruments * Programmable Ripple bomb switch *Optimised for 2D pilot cockpit and 4X3 aspect ratio monitor *84 Page detailed Flight Manual *Based on Virtavia Freeware F-111 *Possibly most advanced NAV Panel available. By Karol Chlebowski

Available at  Simviation  or  Flightsim .

Cheers

Karol

Pilot's 2D panel , intercepting AI aircraft

vW3tJ.jpg

Composite shot with some Nav displays

qvyXf.jpg

Archived