Redding Airport AI Traffic

dsmbell

Hi,

I have just purchased and installed Rocky Mountains, North California, Jackson Hole & Redding Airports plus the free AI traffic and the patches to this. I have one problem - when at Redding Airport all ground traffic taxis through both me and each other. This problem does not seem to happen at Jackson Hole.

Would be grateful for your advice.

Thanks

Order FSS0314426.

G'day there and welcome to the forums :) 

Unfortunately I can't replicate the issue at my end - all traffic stops for my user aircraft at various points around the airport. Are there any particular spots that you've noticed it happen? 

This is likely symptomatic of a duplicate APX file somewhere in your FSX setup - if you have any other addon scenery for the area try disabling this in your scenery library and see if this makes a difference. Another common source of APX files are payware AI packages - do you have any installed on your setup?

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad,

Thanks for your comments. This only happens at this airport and it seems to happen everywhere - on runways and taxi ways. I have just done a complete uninstall and re-install of fsx & re-installed the airports & scenery areas I bought and it still does exactly the same. I tired installing your freeware traffic and this made no difference. I do have ultimate traffic 2 installed.

Regards

Steve

Jarrad,

I have just found something interesting with my problem. FSX seems to think my aircraft is somewhere different to where it actually is and I am guessing it may be doing this with the AI traffic also. When I have turn on progressive taxi this normally would start from where my aircraft is but the markings start a few hundred feet from my aircraft. I have tried to upload a screenshot but nothing happens when I try to paste it into my reply.

Does this give you any clues?

Regards,

Steve

G'day Steve,

The progressive taxiway issue may possibly be a red herring - this is a known bug with KRDD and will be fixed in an upcoming patch. From what I understand, Ultimate Traffic 2 doesn't include modified APX files so this shouldn't be the culprit. 

Could you download the attached file, and place the enclosed .bgl file into your Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KRDD/scenery folder (remembering to backup the original that it will replace), and see if that fixes your issue?

Cheers,

Jarrad

Redding_APX.zip

Jarrad,

Thanks, that file seems to have fix it  It also seems to have fixed another problem I was having - very strange graphic problems at this airport anytime I used the FSX menus - it wouldn't then go back to the flight screens without very strange shapes appearing and usually crashing.

Thanks again.

Steve

• 4 months later...

Not sure if this is related. Just installed KRDD, and there are no static aircraft in front of the Redding Jet Center.  I wouldn't even have noticed except that there's a guy there who seems to be working on an airplane. I look at the promotional screen shots, and it looks like he's supposed to be working on a Beechjet. Another guy walking in circles closer to the hangar, where another jet appears to be missing. I'm downloading the Northern California service pack, but I don't know if I need it -- my software was all downloaded yesterday.

I have the FTX-compatible version of FS Global and UT2.  Nothing else that should affect this region.

BTW, I love your work, Jarrad. Excellent stuff.

G'day Cpurick,

Thanks for the nice feedback :) A lack of statics indicates that your ORBXlibs may not be up to date - just make sure you download and install the current version. If this doesn't fix the problem, let me know which sim (FSX or P3D2) you are using and we'll separate this into a new topic to explore further. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived