Airshow display

awright

I don't know what the Hornets were doing in the last shot. They don't seem to be anywhere near where they should be ie. following the line of the main runway!!

It looked as if they were doing a low level pass over the back of the field; I thought they were lining up for a TNG but they just went on round. I'll play it again and get a bit closer.

Alex

They're good Alex.  I think they certainly captured the scene very well.  Airshows are difficult.  I used to have to go to Farnborough many years ago and I had real difficulty getting shots.  Everything is so huge and far away and the temptation is to try to get it all in, and you can't, and oh my, often I was left in a panic trying to get anything at all!

You've done well mate.

John

I don't know what the Hornets were doing in the last shot. They don't seem to be anywhere near where they should be ie. following the line of the main runway!!

I've had the hornets do that a few times, when the last of the roulettes were still on the main runway, they did a touch and go on the grass GA strip. I've also had one do it without an obstruction on the main runway, however the others didn't follow. I figured that it wasn't supposed to happen, but it didn't really bother me.  ???

Nice shots, btw.

Archived