how to install freeware?

skyboy64

Hi Peter, I have nothing installed yet!, I have no idea what to do first?, I need help what to do first etc... And where to get and what to get to help me install the freeware stuff? Please my friend help.

Thank you.

John.

Hi John,

All of the freeware airports on the freeware page are designed to work with existing payware regions (i.e. you should have a payware Orbx product already installed). They have installers, so all you will need to do is extract the .zip file somewhere (e.g. your desktop) and double click the .exe file that you extracted.

If you do not currently have any payware regions, don't worry, we have free demos that you can install. These are not limited by time, and cover quite a large area!

• FTX Global Demo: this is a demo of FTX Global Base, Vector and openLC working together. It includes ALL of Iceland with no restrictions.
  • FTX NA Pacific Northwest Demo: this covers a small section of our Pacific Northwest region. It also includes KHQM Bowerman.
  • FTX Australia Demo: this demo covers the whole of Tasmania (the small-ish island below Australia). As with the other demos it is not restricted by time.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Ben

Hi Guys,

The FTXG freeware airport packs come with an installer that assumes you have at least some ORBX products installed, FTX Global being primary but Vector also encouraged.  If you have no ORBX products installed you will have no FTX Central and no folders to install them to.  As mentioned above the Demo's are free and MAY create the folders necessary (but I'm not sure how far the folder system is set up via the demo's).

@ Torchy821: The freeware airfield packs do install OK into P3D ver 2.3.

Cheers, Neil

• 2 weeks later...

Archived