YSCH (Coffs Harbour) ... night/rain testing

Rob Ainscough

I was testing out some night settings and rain.fx shader changes to see how they worked at night.  Since I recently purchased YSCH (Coffs Harbour) I figured it was a great place to test.  I'm fairly new to the AU scene but enjoying what I'm seeing.  Also doing a little more SLI testing ... so far the only benefit I see from SLI is that under heavy loads I get much less variation in frame rates and with more consistent time between frames.  The FPS itself is marginally higher at 2-3 fps -- hopefully this will improve with new nVidia drivers.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srhdAey4DUs

If YouTube is a stuttering mess for you (it is for me during most hours of the day except very early morning), here is the download link to my source video file (1.1GB) ... do NOT use a Flash based player to play it back:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw0Q-fAfEZwyWjBSTWM2M2lidVE/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers, Rob.

Don't have any AU stuff Rob, so thanks for the upload!

Your sim visually is tuned and ported! I downloaded your vid and it dl'd as fast as it gets for me. Played it on VLC in full rez...awesome visuals!

Incredible lighting! Gorgeous! Twinkling stars and smack dab in your face Milky Way! Water reflections were extraordinary!!!

Me thinks until we are all running 6gig CPU's, there is going to be some stuttering no matter what...JMO!

Greg

O0

Keep in mind I'm now 3 Generations of CPU and chipset behind the latest and greatest -- i.e. Haswell-E and X99 chipset with DDR4 quad channel support should be good enough to kill off those remaining few latency issues.  As soon as those are available to the mass market, I'll jump on that wagon.

Cheers, Rob.

Think how I feel with a 5/6 year old first gen $1000 CPU. So glad I didn't build my wishlist machine a year ago with a couple of Titans involved...

We'll get there. I think I'm learning patience??? I'm living P3D vicariously through y'all's vids for now, and I thank you! 

Keep up the good work!

O0

Archived