FTX Cannot locate FSX Registry

neilpepper1

Help

After a complete computer rebuild ,I have re-downloaded and installed all the FTX Products regarding Global and  Europe.

Downloaded tested downloaded tested and on and on.one by one including all the patches

All worked fine until I reinstalled FSINN,Mega Airport Dublin and EGBB UK2000.

I only list all 3 as I am not sure when the following could have happened.

After installing all and testing worked fine ,I thought I would re check elevations using FTX Vector Configurator.

Error message reads.

"No installed simulator was found on your system! FTX GLOBAL Light Configurator will now exit!

Of course you can imagine my horror no Simulator ! so I restarted FSX and sure enough as far a I can make out FSX working fine,FTX products seem to working fine.

After looking through forums decided to see if FTX Central was the cause .

Error message reads.

Runtime error locating the the Registry entry for FSX

Object Reference not set to an instance of an object.(Press OK then FTX Central Disapears)

I have tried to reload FTX Libs and FTX Global but before start of installation it does not give an install destination and then fails.

I am not an expert on any IT issues but it seems to tell me that FTX cannot locate the FSX Registry might I be right or wrong.?

FSX is located in D:/Program Files 86 as is everything else relating to the sim.

Order Numbers:308626 FTX Global LC,265163 Global Vector,253912,EGSG>EGTH>EGPH>EGTR>EGHA>EU Ireland,240374 EU Northern Ireland,237061 EGHI,228597 FTX GLOBAL,220612 EU Scotland,205082 EU Wales,201044 EGKA,193804 EGHR,189440 EU England

Any help would be appreciated even if its to tell me start again and re install ,save me messing around

Neil

(was hoping to do do first VATSIM on line since rebuild tonight)!!!!!

Hi Neil,

welcome to Orbx!

Our installers rely on your Windows registry to determine the location of your FSX main folder. If there's a discrepancy that means your registry entries for FSX are incorrect and should be fixed first with one of the available freeware tools; see https://www.fullterrain.com/freeware (at the bottom of the page) or  http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/FSX-Registry-Utility-Download-74741.html

Cheers, Holger

I have Prepar3dv3 and just bought KJAC Jackson Hole. When I run the installer it gets all the way through installing files in the Orbx Directory and then states No FSX entry found in the Registry. Please select at least one Flight Simulator version to install the product into. I did notice that installer only gave me the option of MS Flight sim or Lockheed Prepar3d. It was not a triple installer. Is a fix coming out for this, or am I doing something wrong? Thank you in advance for any response.

Archived