Iceland Demo - intermitent Mesh loading problems

Hi Guys,

Last night I finally had the time to install the Iceland demo v1.0 ON version + the 1.10 patch, & 140703 libs for FSX since I have FTXGlobal. All seemed to install perfectly, so I decided to fly  a test flight along the same route as in (mta00jtl (James) video. "A Flight Sim Tour of Iceland - Part 4"

My OLCEU 1,8 & 9 & OLC BASE are in the correct locale in FSX library below My last  FTX entry.

Took off from BIVM headed for BIHN, the scenery along the route was perfect no issues were seen until on finals into BIHN - RWY 36 where the runway was insight 2 reds 2 whites, perfect visibility beautiful I thought. Within about 500m from the threshold the runway texture disappeared and a mud/grey surface appeared in its place. All markings disappeared except for the apron & parking and a small section of the RWY stripes at the opposite end.

I tried a reload/refresh to see if it made any difference but was still without texture at ground level, but not when viewed from overhead planview High Alt.

I then decided to save flight location and restart the sim, everything then displayed normal. Just a minor glitch I thought so went on to visit some of the other Airports, nearly all were fine but a few others like BIKR BIRF BIHK displayed the same issues as BIHN, a restart of the sim was the only thing that corrected the Runway texture loading.

Looking at the difference in height between the Runway and the Mud/grey covering was about a wheel height deep with many aircraft loosing their landing gear in the mud altogether. I also visited BITE and was greeted with terrain elevation issues for the entire length of the Runway and portions of the apron, this also was corrected with a restart of the Sim loading directly at BITE apron parking.

I don't own vector and am using the Demo product exactly as shipped with its included pilots mesh, I am also not running any other mesh products.

It is very late here so I will post pictures tomorrow if needed, it would be great if a team member could point out a possible solution or error in my setup that might cause this occasional/intermittent mesh anomaly (Only noticed in Iceland DEMO).

Thanks for taking the time to read through my small novel, look forward to your suggestions.

OK, time for some pictures, I know its freeware and I'm highly appreciative & forever grateful, but would it be possible to take a look just to see if the problem is at my end 'only' or just some FSX glitch with Mesh loading. 

Since the demo comes with Pilots Mesh2010, I don't know if this is a Pilots mesh issue or something else.

What appears to be happening is loading the sim at an airport from first start of sim all elevations are correct, textures are properly in place runways and ground scenery also correct.

Then fly away from the airstrip for approximately one texture tile and return to land, you are greeted by this intermittent anomaly, where terrain elevations have changed for the airport boundary and landing strip. (BIHN, BIRF) A mud/grey covering smothers the runway @ about a wheel height deep. BITE has an even greater elevation anomaly where the terrain rises about 10 meters above the runway/apron. Pausing the sim makes little difference as the terrain is already fully loaded a refresh also does not correct the elevations. The only thing that works is to SAVE/EXIT/Restart sim, Load saved flight or start a new flight at the same strip. 

MKkTr.jpg

6ZYkw.jpg

pKrFL.jpg

PeF7H.jpg

EReV.jpg

2SVB8.jpg

YAQzL.jpg

eXL46.jpg

OuyYP.jpg

ME4Uu.jpg

QWCSp.jpg

eHK4U.jpg

neJ8o.jpg

Thanks Dieter,

This time I have done my research, and have already seen those postings, and postings from member (PIC) but I fail to see why the possible difference between the DEMO and Payware OLCEU would produce the "Here one moment and gone the next scenario" with the Mesh and covering textures, this is an enclosed scenery area encompassing all elements of the Global, Vector, OLC, PilotsMesh, into an Island testbed so-to-speak.

As you can see in the pictures the scenery areas load perfectly when loading direct, but!!! fly away or fly to!!! these airports from somewhere else and the underlying mesh changes behaviour, even though the surrounding scenery is fully loaded and unaffected.

areas load perfectly when loading direct, but!!! fly away or fly to!!! these airports from somewhere else and the underlying mesh changes behaviour,

I had very similar problems at BIIS. When setting the aircraft directly to BIIS, everything was ok and correctly displayed. But when flying into BIIS there were massive problems on ground, very similiar to what you described.

This was not only on my system! I was in contact with other users having same problems.

Friends told me problems were all gone after installing the full version of openLC Europe. That was proofed when I had the chance to see it on some friends computers who had installed the openLC Europe payware version.

Have a look here/ go through all postings:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/80317-ground-texture-problems-after-iceland-update/

Dieter,

I thankyou for your valuable info on the issues and do appreciate you taking the time to provide some background, with a cure using the Payware product.

But What I was hoping for was a solution to the error in the DEMO product, regarding the mesh and texture at these strips. Is there a small patch file that can change this anomaly for the better in the DEMO version.

I am not in a position right now to buy OLC EU just to see that the error is fixed in that product, I would like one of the Devs to explain what might be causing the issue within the DEMO version, that way I can make a better informed decision into the future, and if it will only be sorted by following everyone else down the Vector OLC path.

While researching the issue I did also read your posting about the same issues @ BIIS but as yet have not had any problems at that location. To date I have tested BIIS extensively and can't make it misbehave, but I guess that's just an FSX/hardware/settings thing where slight differences in setup can make all the difference.

PS: I notice that in your linked post you also did not get an ultimate conclusive solution, and in another post someone suggest altering Mesh res below what is recommended in the PDF ( 10m recommended or 5m if you have Payware airports) I'm definitely not going to reduce to 19m just to eradicate a niggle. and texture Res should be 7cm as per PDF I always use the PDF recommended settings as that is the way these sceneries display best per the Developers advice.

Archived