OLC or Vector issues?

keino333

forgive me if I'm posting in the incorrect forum, but I don't know if my issue is with OLC, Global or Vector. Essentially, I'm currently flying from UUDD TO EGLL in pmdg 747. Upon entrance into the base of the Gulf of Finland and through to the Baltic Sea, i noticed / experienced odd scenery anomalies. From mysterious square land masses to washed out scenery textures. I'm currently 200 miles east of the UK and still experiencing the same behavior.

1. Has this been reported

2. What have I done wrong ( my OLC located in scenery order as recommended)

3. Is there a fix and which layer is causing the issue

Thank you

OK, here's what I come up with

keino333_001.jpg

keino333_002.jpg

I strongly suspect that there is still an existing scenery order issue on your system

please have a read at this and see if that resolves it for you => How to configure openLC scenery library entries.pdf

Also with FTX central set to default/ Global please run the latest library files again, available here => https://fullterrain.com/support

Ok I can confirm that was execute on install.  But unfortunately, I have a bigger problem.  Since arriving into Europe I can no long quickly load FSX....its hangs at 27% (from 20 mins).  So I investigated...(please note I have 719 addon scenery include large bank belonging to Orbx) and deactivated one by one.

• AI Traffic (UTII)
  • Orbx EU
  • OrbxIR (Lets say all of the British Isles)
  • Night Environment British Isles
  • Scenerytech EU (Note deactivated upon installing OLCEU)

After doing this, the issue still existed...In fact I seemingly notable FPS had been largely burden in Europe (didn't have this before).  So what next?  Well I went to the Orbx Central and deactivated Hybrid....no change.  Next I went into the sceneryConfigEditor v1.1.2 (and noticed as well that all of my Orbx regional scenery were still active after deactivating Hybrid) and unchecked all the OPLCEU excluding Base /North America and Eur1....

Pressto....FSX loaded with easy and my FPS returned to normal...

I'm afraid I'm going to have to leave OPenLCEur deactivated...I was really looking forward to Euro Flight with too..

However, I you have any suggestion it is more than welcomed...I surely would like to see OPENLC in action without any Hiccups

Thx in advance

I was just thinking yesterday that it seems like my open lc europe scenery is very blurry and slow to load. Just like you, my scenery in europe turns to mush only after a few minutes. I flew around some non open lc areas and my scenery was crisp and fast loading. I do like the open lc scenery but I don't want to sacrifice my crisp scenery (not to mention drive space)  just to have the countryside more green and towns placed better. Now that I think about it, I don't see the big revolutionary change with open lc and can appreciate that ftx global and vector are superior products on their own and must haves.

I am hoping for a update patch or something because people are having the same problems we are and it would be nice to enjoy the scenery too,  but remember that this is only one part of the world domination and there are more parts that will surely come along soon. They are huge files and those files could be used for more sceneries or ai planes so I am contemplating deleting open lc. I wonder if I can just disable openlc because it took a while to install it and it may work smoother at a later time. I am not too comfortable with the scenery priorities and hybrid modes. I don't have any ftx regions so I am not sure if my settings are right either.

By the way, how did you get those crisp textures in your screenshots, mine are far from that and I have a new powerful computer. Did you use any tweaks?post-37352-0-32772400-1409376450_thumb.p

By the way, how did you get those crisp textures in your screenshots, mine are far from that and I have a new powerful computer. Did you use any tweaks?

Sure thing Christopher,

Firstly, regarding OPLC I'd recommend to just deactivate them in the scenery library for now.  I concur with what you have said, in that these are large files and took time to install.  I too certain hope a fix is coming and I have confidence that Orbx will provide.

As for the quality of my pics, I'm using

• Steve's DX10 Fixer, SweetFx and Shade.  - This allows me to fly with all settings to the right expect for Autogen @ Dense and Water at 2x Low - to preserve VAS.

{GRAPHICS} My TML - Texture_Max_Load is set at 2048 / my TBM - Texture Bandwidth Multi = 70 / ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

{DISPLAY}Texturemaxload =12

I dont us Bufferpools - although my system managers it well, I get smoother play without it

Be mindful that because of the many possible CPU configs the above settings may not be the Golden Goose Egg for all. As such; as most have intimated in the past, experiment to see how they effect your quality and performance.  The settings above are partially recommended by the DX10 Fixer

hello,

just flying to Tivat LYTV (Montenegro). During passing Dubrovnik airport I saw this small piece of land put on at the adria-coast. A look at GE, at the right side of the picture shows that this tailpiece doesn't belong there.

cheers Kai

qiugp.jpg

Good day Wolter,

It comes to great grief that I wish to remove OPLC due to overpowering issues with the scenery  in the Euro area. 

All coastlines have disappeared and the scenery appears to be mush meshing with who knows what.

I've tried the following: deactivated OPLC entries 1 to 10 and dumped base and America and deleted them from the folder.  Reinstated FTX GLOBAL and VECTOR with all subsequent patches.  Turned off the OPLC.txt files by add "off " to the file .......To No Avail. 

At this point I'm largely frustrated and request instruction how to rebuild the scenery terrain and landscape in Europe

See additional photos

messoftilesoverEU1_zps7f94da82.jpg

messoftile5_zpsfd835fa9.jpg

messoftile7_zps46b16887.jpg

messoftiles3_zps84c3200d.jpg

messoftiles4jpg_zpsefc2a9a0.jpg

messoftile6_zpsa79e3872.jpg

not sure what's going on, but I suspect that you suffer from a conflicting scenery issue,

could please show me your scenery.cfg text, you can find that here => C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

Its 658 entries...too big to post here...how can I email it to you or attach it to the post?

Yep, I decided to just deactivate it in the scenery library instead of deleting it for same reasons. My Europe scenery turns to mush even though my frame rates are in the 40's. I have flown again in the the region with openlc deactivated and everything loads much faster and I can fly into a major city and still see buildings and roads. With openlc I could not see anything but mush, no roads or buildings and it takes away from the realism. I also didn't realize what a difference because I have been flying exclusively in Europe and just lived with it. But then I flew around the USA and noticed a pretty big difference. It's not as detailed as with openlc but global with vector is pretty good and I can live with that. I also am thinking down the road with about 100gb to eventually cover the whole world is going to cripple my computer and leave no room for addons.  I am hoping for an update someday and that way I can just activate the scenery again. Deleting anything that took so much getting to work is not the best thing to do with prepar3d v2.2. I have had so many problems (read my posts) with Prepar3d v2.2 that I just want to go back to FSX but then I fixup Prepar3d v 2.2 again (not upgrading for a while) and I like it again. It really is a love/hate relationship.

Keino,

one of the reasons that you are having issues is that there are SceneryTech LandClass files activated, also you have UTX scenery still installed and that is one mayor cause of your issues as those create a conflict

also I have attached the manuals for the various FTX scenery packs where the various compatibility warnings are written

FTX Global openLC Europe User Guide.pdf see page 18

FTX Global User Guide.pdf see page 5

FTX Global VECTOR User Guide.pdf see page 12

Keino,

one of the reasons that you are having issues is that there are SceneryTech LandClass files activated, also you have UTX scenery still installed and that is one mayor cause of your issues as those create a conflict

also I have attached the manuals for the various FTX scenery packs where the various compatibility warnings are written

attachicon.gifFTX Global openLC Europe User Guide.pdf see page 18

attachicon.gifFTX Global User Guide.pdf see page 5

attachicon.gifFTX Global VECTOR User Guide.pdf see page 12

Noted...I'll have a gander and revert momentarily....thank you

Ok....I've turned off Scenery Tech and UTX...but where are the roads with cars?  Still seeing some scenery anomalies, but before i get into that I wish to advise that before I installed OPLC i disabled SceneryTech and only used roads/ Airports EU with UTX. 

Before OPLC, no anomalies using those products with orbx scenery.  But I do understand that once I installed OPLC leaving UTX (selected fields on as advise in the manuals- "try to see what works" - It was a risk and possibly had an adverse effect on my texture/scenery.

Any suggestion how to restore it would be most grateful..thank you

Oops!  Completely missed this in the OPLC Users Guide

"Note that openLC Europe is not the FTX Europe region and selecting it will cause anomalies in the
scenery."

openLC is a Global addon and works only with Global selected. Scenario 1, Scenario 2 or Scenario 4 are
applicable where openLC is concerned.

I have a feeling I may have had EU checked at some point....oops

Archived