Thanks to TuFun for instruction, I'm at the beginner's stage in recording multiple aircraft in flight. I did Spitfires and a B-25 together taking off from RAF West Malling in England (airport comes with the Real Air Spitfire) and a second takeoff from Driggs, Idaho heading to Jackson, Wyoming. The scenery from altitude is from MegaEarthScenery (which is ugly at lower altitudes) and the last airport is ORBX.  I know ...  not realistic when you land and park among airliners with a B-25 and Spitfires...  but this is practice stuff and learning.  I started with one of the missions that comes with Real Air which gives me a couple of extra planes for the takeoff and did the 1st flight and recorded with FSRecorder.  I saved and restarted with a different plane and then started the 1st recording in Play ... and tuned on recording again for the plane I'm adding and when finished I have added another aircraft.  I started a 3rd plane (playing recording #2 from FSRecorder (same route), saved it again.  The final was replaying flight #3 (which has all the planes), turning on ShadowPlay for recording to MP4 video.  One nice thing ... With flight #3 the flight route is locked in ....  but the view outside and inside are not so I bounce around with the cameras to get the best view and this will be the last recording.  To edit for publishing to YouTube I use Freemake Video Converter to clip out some of the most distracting stuff (like black scenery squares) and to shorten up as best I can.  Anyway ....  this recording is all sorta new to me so feel free to give me hints and criticism so I can learn.  I believe a better cpu might speed up the scenery loading which could help in eliminating the black squares ... maybe?

Jim

>http://youtu.be/4fbn5BuCmL8

If this is your first formation video I'd say keep it up as this was very good! A little jerky, but you can blame YT for that! Hey it's free!

FsRecorder also has as advanced playback feature that allows you to record a flight, then at playback you can clone the plane as many times as your CPU

can handle! For more realism change the plane to a different model or a different plane altogether, you can stagger the planes, including some delay times so they don't look like they

are flying in cookie cutter unison!

Happy and full skies!!!

O0

Very cool video!  Once you start looking at the advance features of FSRecorder like camera settings and the clone features, videos will have a life of it's own.

If you want to remove the blue playback in your recordings... in FSRecorder under settings, you will see in the FS Recoder Settings box, three boxes down "Display" box.  Uncheck Playback will remove the blue display.

As for the red info, in your FSX.cfg file under [Display]  change 4.00000 to "changeTime=0.000000" and "TransitionTime=0.000000".

Remember to backup your FSX.cfg when making any changes.

Yes .... I did notice from time to time that for instance the B-25 on taxi ... would jerk ahead instead of flow smoothly.  I am hoping a new cpu will be able to handle what appears to be texture loading .. like the black squares on scenery?  Or maybe my GTX 760 can't handle what I am trying to do. I know "Nick" says GTX 780 minimum .... but I could not afford one of those at the time.  Perhaps in the future.

Thanks TuFun for the tips in FSRecorder ....  school is just beginning!  :^)))   I definitely will make the changes to eliminate the blue and red texting ...

Jim

Yes .... I did notice from time to time that for instance the B-25 on taxi ... would jerk ahead instead of flow smoothly. 

Jim

That maybe an AI issue with to many aircraft and fps maybe to high. Also when recording multiple aircraft that are not actual AI aircraft will put a load on anybodies system. I'm recording with an AMD 965 Blk Cpu @3.9 Ghz with an ATI 5850 video card.  So I don't think your system is at fault... much better than mine.  Just got to fine the sweet spot for recording videos.

As for the Jets in the video. I believe in Orbx, you can uncheck static and AI aircraft in the menu before starting FSX. I use Bowerman in a lot of my videos and I have it set with no AI and static aircraft.

Plus you may want to reduce or have no traffic (aircraft, cars, boats)...  that will help reduce the load.

Archived