Swanson traditional patch

Mike62

I was wondering if there is going to be a traditional patch for Swanson with the new features minus the P3D installer.   I purchased this on DVD and do not plan on purchasing P3D for some time and would like to take advantage of the scenery upgrades.

Thanks,

Mike Cameron

Mike,

If you purchased the DVD from the FlightSim Store, then all you have to do is log onto your account, download the current file (a triple installer) and use it to update your sim. If you you purchased the DVD from elswhere, then you need to buy a Cross-grade license, less than US $2.00, wait a day or so for the processing and THEN download the triple installer and away you go!  8) 

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,

Brian

I purchased from PC Aviator. I am sorry, I would like the upgrades for the scenery for my FSX installation, I do not need a P3D installer at this time.    If it was just the triple installer, no problem I would wait and do that after I install P3D.   This upgrade also includes updates to the scenery which is what I want.   Does this mean there are not going to be traditional patches for existing airports, only triple installers that I have to pay a fee to update my FSX airports?    Walter Sutton's was also done this way but I purchased from the Flight Sim Store so this was not an issue.

Thanks,

Mike Cameron

Hi Mike,

The new 2W3 triple installer only adds the P3DV2 fixes and the FTX global lights, there is no need to do anything with your existing FSX version because you already have the Swanson SP1 which added all needed fixes.

As far as I know all the older (already patched and legacy) Orbx airports that are being upgraded to the new Triple-Installers will be done the same way.

For customers who purchased DVDs at non-Flightsimstore shops we are offering the cross-grade option http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75513-fss-cross-grade-offer-for-all-orbx-dvd-customers-from-other-online-stores/ this will allow you to 'move' your purchase to the Flightsimstore for less than $2 AUD

Archived