Performance impact

Victoroos

Hello all

This is my first post here, so I'm not sure whether this is the right location or not... But to me it seemed the most obvious. I have the intention to soon buy the global package (with LC).

A friend of mine, with around the same specs, already has LC. He however reported that his fps, dropped from 60 frames, to around 15.

Does LC really have such an impact.?

I have an Intel i5 3,4. And a gtx 550 ti.

Could you guys give me some advice?

Vkr

Victor

Victor,

I see no impact on my fps,i have always 30 and it stay 30.

My computer is a litlle faster than yours and i have a other video card,see below.

And what i have from ORBX see also below.

Jan

Welcome.

Yes.

It might be "old" but when it was released, it was too much even for

the state of the art PC of the time.

To see the best of FSX, a CPU at 4+ ghz and a GeForce 570 or better

are probably the minimum.

FTX Global is replacement textures and Open LC a way of dramatically

improving the way in which these texures and its own additional textures

are arranged.

Neither of these should impact frame rates.

Autogen density is increased by FTX Global and it might be that which is

causing your friend's loss of frame rate.

Easily remedied by turning the autogen density setting down a little.

We (as I fly usually there) fly indeed with a lot of autogen.

Also the graphics card could be a problem (I'll tell him to upgrade, hahah ;))

What Autogen setting is still "acceptable/ realistic"?

Thank you all for the great support btw :). I like your forums.

vkr victor

I have P3Dv2.3 and an i5-3570K oc at 4.6 & GTX780...    I set my fps limit to 60 and it is running smoothly in OpenLC Europe...  no stutters and settings pretty high.    GPU at 60% in fair weather...   Beautiful scenery!  :smile:

Hello all

This is my first post here, so I'm not sure whether this is the right location or not... But to me it seemed the most obvious. I have the intention to soon buy the global package (with LC).

A friend of mine, with around the same specs, already has LC. He however reported that his fps, dropped from 60 frames, to around 15.

Does LC really have such an impact.?

I have an Intel i5 3,4. And a gtx 550 ti.

Could you guys give me some advice?

Vkr

Victor

If anything, Open LC has improved the performance of FSX on my set up which is only a little more powerful than yours. I don't routinely monitor FPS unless there is a problem but the combination of FTX Global and Open LC EUR does seem to give me somewhat higher FPS than before!

• 3 months later...

I think FR impact has more to do with autogen than FTX Global per se (I do not have an LC operational). I fly a lot in desert SW of USA using sometime using MSE sometime not. I was getting 40+- with my frame rate set at 40 maximum when running FTX, and FS. When I flew in the Appalachians Mnt. in the east (not using MSE) using FTX Global and FS Global Mesh, I noticed my rate was around 17-30!

I think it has to do with autogen trees. Lots of them in the Appalachians almost none in Arizona and Utah! I am going to do some controlled testing and will let you know.

I have an

i7 4790 3.6ghz

12 gig memory

GForce  GTX 745

Well, yet again FSX has made a 'liar' out of me! The drop in FR seems to be random or to complex for me to figure out. Here is what I did and the result on FR. In all cases, no weather, same aircraft, same scenery settings in FSX, frame limit set at 57.

I measured FRs

1. sitting at either Page Arizona (no trees) and NC08 in North Carolina (lots of trees),
  2. After taking off at these airports which added some rugged terrain to both scenarios.
  3. First using no add-on scenery, then using FTX Global+ FS Global Mess

I measure FRs looking out my (I had my FR max set at 57)

1. 2D cockpit,
  2. then my VC, and
  3. then from Spot View from behind.

I rotated through the above 4 times. Observing numerous readings each time I changed variables.

Almost always my FR=55-57 fps!!!

Only occasionally did I get readings lower i.e.40-50 fps. And, they seems to self-correct. And, they were not really reproducible.... consistently,

So, I saw no apparent pattern that would suggest the use of FTX or FS slowed FRs.  I did observed, perhaps, that the more a screen was FULL OF VIRTUAL IMAGES (i.e. vc, auto-gen scenery, etc.) that FRs declined somewhat (by 10+-), which I think makes since. Maybe also with how close one views the scenery, which probably also makes sense (i.e. more detail).

Oh well! I tried.

Archived