A wish for all video-makers.

First of all. I LOVE to watch the videos published her and I think you guys do a fantastic job.  8) But I do have one wish. Let´s say the title of a video is "Manhattan extreme". This I want to se BEFORE I buy the scenery I want to see how it looks like from the air, buildings blurrieness and other things. BUT in most cases the videos are filmed INSIDE the cockpit and 75% of the screen shows the dashboard!!!! Sometimes the camera is panned to the sides and I can se a small part of the scenery out of the windows. Is it so hard to record an OUTSIDE view to show the scenery? Where did the scenery in the video title disappear? Ok some videos do show the outside view BUT again 50% of the screen is filled with the airplane.

My wish is, can somebody make a video of, lets say the newly released NZSI for P3D v2.3, filmed in OUTSIDE view, some distance from the airplane so the scenery is the main thinng not the airplane or the dashboard, pan up/down/left/right to show most possible of the scenery. Is that possible? I don´t know as I have never made a video in any FS.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

First of all. I LOVE to watch the videos published her and I think you guys do a fantastic job.  8) But I do have one wish. Let´s say the title of a video is "Manhattan extreme". This I want to se BEFORE I buy the scenery I want to see how it looks like from the air, buildings blurrieness and other things. BUT in most cases the videos are filmed INSIDE the cockpit and 75% of the screen shows the dashboard!!!! Sometimes the camera is panned to the sides and I can se a small part of the scenery out of the windows. Is it so har to record an OUTSIDE view to show the scenery? Where did the scenery in the video title disappear? Ok some videos do show the outside view BUT again 50% of the screen is filled with the airplane.

My wish is, can somebody make a video of, lets say the newly released NZSI for P3D v2.3, filmed in OUTSIDE view some distance from the airplane so the scenery is the main thning, pan up/down/left/right to show most of the scenery. Is that possible? I don´t knw as I have never made a video in any FS.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Hello Jack,

now first of all your request is copied :) I have NZSI but not installed for the moment. I will do that today perhaps so i can make a vid from it. As a video maker its hard to hit everybodys taste some like more the VC views and other like more the movie style and folks like you just want to get an impression on how the scenery comes out in the sim so more like a product video.

Anyway i see what i can do for ya :)

Hello Jack,

now first of all your request is copied :) I have NZSI but not installed for the moment. I will do that today perhaps so i can make a vid from it. As a video maker its hard to hit everybodys taste some like more the VC views and other like more the movie style and folks like you just want to get an impression on how the scenery comes out in the sim so more like a product video.

Anyway i see what i can do for ya :)

Really appreciate this. Looking forward to that. But maybe the title could have a small note "cockpit view" or something like that. 

I mainly video from inside, I guess because I am new to it and its easy to do it this way. There are a couple of videos I include outside views but I will try to do this more.

I wanna start getting into the full video editing thing and will in time... got some great ideas. But I understand exactly what you mean, just showing scenery in all those wide panoramic views.

John :)

I mainly video from inside, I guess because I am new to it and its easy to do it this way. There are a couple of videos I include outside views but I will try to do this more.

I wanna start getting into the full video editing thing and will in time... got some great ideas. But I understand exactly what you mean, just showing scenery in all those wide panoramic views.

John :)

Hi John,

just a suggestion to get out of the plane try to record your flight with the recorder function of P3D2 then replay it. You can do all kinds of outside viewing. If you use EZCA (obiously you do) setup some aircraft cams so you can pan and float around the aircraft. 

If you have a mac somewhere lying around, get Final Cut Pro X it makes video editing really easy on a advanced to pro level.

Hi Jack

I've just started making some videos and have been wondering how to do this too to be honest. The suggestion to use the recorder in P3D is one I hadn't thought of and I'll have a play with that on the next one. I had been finding it hard to record, fly and do it all from outside up until now! Will see what I can do on the next flight I film.

James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Really appreciate this. Looking forward to that. But maybe the title could have a small note "cockpit view" or something like that. 

Hello JJ,

your special request for NZ South Island is in the works. Should be up in an hour so stay tuned.

Here is one I done about 6 years ago when Orbx FTX AU came out ,  its pretty rough , but the goal was to show the scenery off and not the aircraft, times have changed and I have a faster PC now and I will do another some day,

>http://youtu.be/PTMkc3p_8zs

Archived