FTXCentral error 0xc0000135

golfpro

Hi folks, I am running FSX under Parallels desktop and have just downloaded the Tasmania demo. Installation went along just fine but at the end I got the error message :

FTXCentral.exe

The application failed to initialize

properly (0xc0000135). Click OK

to terminate.

I am then returned to the desktop and there is an FTXCentral shortcut there but when I click it ... same error message.

It appears that this makes it impossible for me to try the demo software.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Many thanks :)

Windows will give you this error if you try to run any application that requires the ".NET Framework" to run, but your computer does not have ".NET Framework" installed. To fix it, just install the .NET Framework from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=333325f...
Several applications in the NeuroSky's MindWave product bundle (including MindWave Manager, App Central, etc) require ".NET Framework 3.5". The MindWave bundle's installer should already automatically install ".NET Framework 3.5" for you if your system doesn't have it.
Many Windows XP systems do not come with ".NET Framework 3.5" installed. Most Windows Vista and Windows 7 computers already have ".NET Framework 3.5" installed by default.
(Please note that there is also a ".NET Framework 4.0", which is different from 3.5. The 4.0 will NOT run applications designed for 3.5.).
=> http://www.microsoft.com/net/downloads

G'day from NZ Nick, Wolter - THANK YOU so much for the rapid, clear and helpful replies. You are both quite correct - I did not have .NET Framework 3.5 installed and that was indeed the cause of this problem which is now resolved and FTX Central and the scenery looks to be up and running :)

For anyone who may encounter this problem and read this thread in the future ... if you have been to the MS website and downloaded the .NET 3.5 you may encounter an error message when you attempt to install. You may find that the installation will not proceed because your system lacks "MS Windows Installer 3.1" - simply do a search on the MS website for this software, download it, install it, restart Windows to activate the changes and then the installation of NET 3.5 goes ahead.

You do not need to uninstall and re-install the ORBX demo, just double-click the FTX Central shortcut that is on your desktop and everything will be fine.

Happy flying and all the very best to you all and a big "Goodonya" once again to Nick & Wolter for fixing this for me "

David

Archived