A Flight Sim Tour of Iceland - Part 1

JamesIceland

Hi all,

Thought some of you may be interested in a video set I have started showcasing Iceland in flight simulators. This is my first video so is a bit rough around the edges in places so please go easy on me! Hoping to provide some interesting info as I fly around the country and show people some of the amazing scenery on offer. 

Hope you enjoy the first flight - a shortish hop between Keflavik Airport and Reykjavik Airport by way of the Reykjanes peninsula. Using Prepar3d 2.2 and FTX Global, Vector, Open LC EU and various other bits - more info in the About part on the YouTube page.

>http://youtu.be/h_wmpaaDMuQ

James

Thanks Racarton for your kind comment - I have a few more videos actually done - enjoyed doing the first one and gives me a bit of purpose to my flying whilst also sharing my love of Iceland - it's a bit of an unknown place to many but offers some of the best flight sim scenery to fly around.

I haven't been the viking festival myself but look forward to seeing it one day. Hoping to see the Northern lights when I head over for Christmas!

• 4 months later...

Well I thought you might all like this as I managed to today recreate my flight sim flight from Keflavik but in real life! Here's a quick pic of me in control and I'll be sure to post up the video of the real flight as it was incredible.

And for those of you who wonder how flying in FSX, P3D or X Plane compares to the real thing I am delighted to say that apparently it is enough training to let a total novice like me take control for the entire flight including take-off and a simulated ILS approach into Keflavik airport. No joke. I found the real thing easier weirdly. Keep your eyes open for my video soon.

Posted Imagehttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/19/18a57492f9216c047e67df9fb8303475.jpgPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived