SAK Hoonah Marina - Boats out of the water

jer029

Ok...this is a weird issue I'm having.  Reinstalled SAK with patch 3 and still the issue.  From a distance things are fine, but as I get closer to the boats in my seaplane, the first set of boats and dock jump out of the water about 2 feet.  All the other docks and boats behave properly.  I am using DX10 - but have had no problems getting other orbx scenery to behave.

Could you please be so kind and post a screenshot of your issue and also post the Coordinates, makes it a bit easier to try and assist you with your "problem"

in case you don't know how to post a screenshot on our forums please check out here how to => http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/?p=335815

Hi there,

just checked SAK+SP3, mesh 5m,  in the Hoonah marina area and found 2 further glitches:

- some artefacts above one landing stage.

- 2 water spikes and water tex on the shoreline

But I could not duplicate the elevation issue reported above.

Wulf

XZE7G.jpg

4BqLD.jpg

Hi guys,

I'm not seeing any floating/jumping boats either but can confirm the water crawling up the slopes in Wulf's screenshot. Also, there are a couple of odd water "bulges" right in between the boats, which you can see in Wulf's second screenshot. We'll fix those Hoonah shoreline files with the next SAK update (the dock with the hovering bits is a known issue with one of the default FSX models).

To jer029: can you check that your mesh resolution slider is at 5m? If it's at a higher or lower setting it may explain the issue with the "jumping" boats.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Guys,

I can confirm, I've got the water spikes too, same as  jer029 & Wulf. I also see some jetties sinking and water climbing embankments, but could not get the warf or boats to jump.

I do however have an elevation issue at the nearby PAOH Hoonah Airport, taxiway / ramp / runway / elevation. 

Mesh set to 5m, Texture RES 7cm, LOD RAD 6.000000, Mesh Complexity=100  Scenery Complexity= ED  Autogen Density=ED  Global detail=very high

No Misty Moorings, No Vector, but have FTXGlobal.  Only Orbx SAK running in "North America" region mode. All SAK service packs installed from initial DL, SAK region DL from FSS already updated to SP3,  Orbxlibs v140703 for FSX installed.

L7CFt.jpg

jwhgV.jpg

ghlOE.jpg

wKk3s.jpg

Archived